What makes Cognizant a unique place to work? The combination of rapid growth and an international and innovative environment! This is creating many opportunities for people like YOU - people with an entrepreneurial spirit who want to make a difference in this world.
At Cognizant, together with your colleagues from all around the world, you will collaborate on creating solutions for the world's leading companies and help them become more flexible, more innovative, and successful. Moreover, this is your chance to be part of the success story. Job Description: Required knowledge and experience
- Required hands on development experience in Python 3.
- Must have experience in commercial software development using structured software development procedures in UNIX and Windows 7 environments.
- Knowledge, experience or open to picking up Perl 5.
- Extensive knowledge and hands on experience on CICD.
- Experience in Linux and Shell Scripting
- Solid knowledge of SQL, ideally with DB2 and PostgreSQL.
- Experience with GIT, Jenkins and BitBucket.
- Experience with Scrum and Waterfall.
- Experience with Atlassian products such as Jira and Confluence.
- Project delivery
- Technical impact analysis
- Prototypes, if required
- SDLC including software design, estimation, documentation, implementation, testing, deployment, and maintenance
- Meeting project deadlines
- Follow up and resolve project impediments
- Review peer's software changes
- Self-run - Problem solving and Application design
- Comply with company policies
- Implement software according to company standards and guidelines
- Complete all mandatory training in a timely manner
- Follow software release procedure
- Knowledge transfer
- Document required knowledge for support concisely - from server setup/configuration to software deployment and troubleshooting
- Provide handover sessions to the support team
- Present and demo software to various stakeholders throughout project
- Support - Resolve defects on newly deployed software while training support team.
- Future improvement - Recommend any feasible future improvement.
If you feel this opportunity suits you, or Cognizant is the type of organization you would like to join, we want to have a conversation with you! Please apply directly with us.
For a complete list of open opportunities with Cognizant, visit http://www.cognizant.com/careers Cognizant is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Successful candidates will be required to undergo a background check. About Cognizant
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the US, Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.