At IBM, our Project Managers excel by leading and coordinating a project team's overall performance, scope, cost, and deliverables. Our clients rely on timely and efficient status reports, and as Project Manager, you will drive the charge with project direction, metric definition, and performance management. If you are ready to help our clients and project teams succeed, we would love to meet you!
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Project Manager you will work with teams to plan, manage and deliver innovative business solutions through design, build and test, including systems integration. You will build subject matter expertise and experience to successful project delivery and client success. We will give you access to unique career opportunities, and a vast and diverse network of talented project management professionals. Project size will vary from around $50k - 500k.
- Overall performance responsibility for managing scope, resourcing, cost, schedule, and contractual deliverables, which includes applying techniques for planning, tracking, change control, and risk management
- Ensure project revenue, cost forecasts and project health are updated in internal systems on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with Practice Manager to maintain current view in Forecast system including delivery risk on a weekly basis in relation to managed projects
- Identifying and actively managing risk in the current forecast
- Actively own End of Month/End of Quarter project related processes including billing processes.
- Leverage External Resourcing Team for Overseas, Contract or Supplier resources
- Maintaining key project oversight and key customer relationships
- Maintain process compliance (auditable) to IBM and Software Service's processes and tools
- Take an interest in our products/solutions and have a high level understanding of them.
- Work with IBM Team to manage customer project issues quickly and effectively.
- Achieve a high level understanding of current technology trends and their use in the engagement.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, high-intensity, deadline-oriented working environment.
- Ability to work in a seamless team with field sales, technical and operations personnel.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail required ensuring accuracy and effective execution.
- Demonstrated project management skills in managing solutions for customers.
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter.
- Excellent follow-up skills with great attention to detail.
- High energy and positive 'can-do' attitude .
- You will have proven IT project management background
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Strong problem-solving skills to drive resolution of issues by understanding client needs and presenting options to resolve the problem.
- An ability to identify, develop and implement solutions to gaps to meet the needs of the business
- Excellent, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to deliver high profile activities to tight timescales
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Stakeholder management skills