Professional Services - Practice Manager
DESCRIPTION Practice Manager - AWS Professional Services
Do you have IT experience in enterprise or Public Sector customers? Have you hired and led teams of consultants to assist enterprise customers to manage and implement IT related projects? Can you guide an enterprise customer through a variety of projects involving IT strategy, distributed architecture implementation, and hybrid cloud operations? Can you build and mentor world class teams that drive breakthrough business results using cutting edge technologies?
At Amazon Web Services Limited, we're hiring highly technical cloud computing consultants to help AWS customers and partners develop technical expertise and deliver cloud based solutions to key customer engagements. Our consultants deliver IT infrastructure architecture guidance, proof-of-concept projects, perform enterprise portfolio assessments, assist customers with IT Transformation, review operational best practices and conduct skills transfer workshops.
Our consultants collaborate with customers and partners to address security and compliance, performance and scale, availability and manageability. They advise customers on migrating existing systems and building new systems using the full range of AWS services.
We're now adding experienced Practice Managers to guide these teams of consultants and define, design and drive the cloud-consulting model of the future and help our customers to transition to the AWS platform.
• Mentor and coach great people - attract top IT talent (architecture, security, big data, operations, IT Transformation) to build high performing teams of consultants with excellent technical depth and a true commitment to delighting our customers
• Deliver value - Manage high quality delivery of a variety of customized consulting engagements with partners and enterprise customers in the commercial and public sectors.
• Be a customer advocate - Work with AWS engineering teams to convey partner and enterprise customer feedback as input to AWS technology roadmaps
• Engage customers - collaborate with enterprise marketing managers and develop strong customer and partner relationships to build a growing consulting business within Australia
• Foster a culture of innovation within the team
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • People / Team management experience of managing and growing high performing teams
• Experience in developing capability plans, resource allocation models and skills roadmap for a professional services business
• Visible IT Industry thought-leadership on relevant topics related to enterprise IT Infrastructure, IT Service Management or IT Application Management
• Vertical industry sales or delivery experience of IT services and solutions
• Business Development or delivery experience with enterprise or Public Sector customers
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Hands on experience in large-scale global IT transformation projects
• Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments
• Use of AWS services in distributed environments with Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
• Degree in engineering or science or business