Product Owner, Securities
See yourself in the team
- Permanent Full Time Opportunity
- Sydney Location
Business Banking (BB) manages relationships with Commonwealth Bank's small-medium enterprise customers, mid-market corporate customers, and regional and agribusiness customers, providing a wide range of financial services and solutions.
Everyday Business Banking (EBB) has accountability for the design and management of leading products and propositions that meet the everyday banking needs of customers from the smallest businesses to the largest corporates. This includes Transaction and Deposit products, Merchant Solutions, Payments and Digital banking. Do work that matters
As a Product Owner, you will be responsible to define and extend the CMS capability across the groups Collateral Management Systems, CommSee Commercial Lending and other Consumer Systems. This is not limited to understanding CMS models, defining system/process obligations, prioritising backlog items to meet and exceed both Group and regulatory requirements. In addition to this, you will be responsible to manage key risk items and work with teams to define operating models.
You will succeed in this role by leading your team to an outcome through effective execution, efficient and agile partnership with scrum teams for delivery of agreed benefits and clear visibility.
Success will not be possible without people leadership, a strong sense of ownership and the ability to create tight relationships with a defined set of stakeholders. More specifically you will
We want to hear from you if you have
- Articulating the value associated with your initiatives and prioritising them accordingly;
- Partnering with business stakeholders and the development scrum team to define and clarify business requirements;
- Ongoing stakeholder engagement to ensure that all project scope decisions are understood and agreed to and that all their needs are met;
- Leading agile delivery teams as product owner to prioritise product backlog items, ensure development of user stories, ensure the team understands the product backlog, owning the product roadmap on behalf of business stakeholders and guiding planning for sprints in conjunction with the Scrum Master;
- Liaising regularly with technical developers and programmers to understand technical implications, prioritising development and make decisions about technical direction;
- Identifying assumptions to validate and defining clear learning objectives so that the appropriate roadmap is defined and followed to deliverables;
- Motivating and working with a scrum team on a daily basis to move user stories into production, this includes attending and actively participating in scrum ceremonies;
- Continually seeking new innovative ideas and technology to include in the project delivery and socialize effectively with project stakeholders;
- Dynamic people leadership skills with strong sense of ownership;
- You will exhibit strong customer awareness (preferably in small business) and understanding of value creation;
- Experience liaising with business stakeholders and technical development teams to deliver digital products & services;
- Influencing skills and experience successfully liaising with difficult business stakeholders and technical development teams to deliver products & services whilst maintaining strong relationships;
- Understanding of business lending at CBA will be an important advantage but is not essential
- Risk Mindset -All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 31/07/2021