Product Owner - Mortgages
Some career choices have more impact than others.
We're looking for progressive minds who are driven and forward-thinking, who are open to different ideas and cultures, who can network with stakeholders and colleagues and who'll work with courageous integrity every day.
As an HSBC employee in Australia, you'll have access to tailored professional development opportunities, competitive pay, an embedded flexible working culture and a range of employee benefits. These include market-leading subsidised private health cover, enhanced parental pay and support when returning to work, subsidised banking products and services and wellness programmes including discounted gym memberships.
Our ambition is to become Australia's #1 International Retail Bank, to focus on the internationalist customer and to build a progressive bank for the future. We are investing in long term growth including expanding our digital and technology capability to deliver a premium service to our customers. We currently have several new opportunities in our Technology team based in Sydney where you will be driving the fast-pace implementation of our Technology Strategy and Customer Solutions.
Working in the team you will be involved through the design thinking process; finding opportunities, researching and defining technology and digital solutions, and then building and delivering transformational change for our customers and people.
Reporting into the Head of Wealth & Personal Banking IT (WPB), you will be critical in positioning HSBC Australia for setting up process automation within HSBC's Staff Channels team. The IT Business Partner has accountability for end-to-end delivery of a discrete set of Technology services supporting the Mortgage business. The role is key in defining and owning the delivery of a local technology strategy supporting the mortgage business. It will require working closely with business head and product teams to generate new ideas and innovative solutions, and leading development teams to deliver at pace within an agile environment. We are looking for individuals who have exceptional experience designing and developing technology solutions within the Mortgage industry, and with a desire to digitalise the customer journeys and internal operations, and creating the best customer experience possible. Responsibilities:
• Be accountable for the delivery, on-going success & continuous improvement of a discrete set of technology services supporting the Mortgage business.
• Lead agile development teams, and partnering with 3rd party solution providers to build end-to-end technology solutions supporting the Mortgage business.
• Work with large number of in-house technology teams and 3rd party providers, ensuring all technology platforms comply with mandatory and regulatory requirements, risk and control objectives to protect HSBC and our customers.
• Responsible for delivering value to the business, engaging with the customer to ensure the team is building the correct solutions.
• Responsible for the vision of what is to be built, and conveys that vision to the agile software development team
• Responsible for leading the design of large user stories (epics) which are broken down into smaller stories (product backlog), which is a prioritised features list for the product which is used by Agile Teams to develop technology solutions.
• Be aware of related industry trends, distilling this knowledge, shaping the strategic direction for technology solutions, and sharing this with the wider team Qualifications Requirements:
• To be successful in this role, the candidate will need strong ability to navigate in a complex environment with limited guidance.
• Ability to influence for the right decision across a range of stakeholders representing diverse business / product functions and priorities.
• Have exception industry experience in Mortgage origination and servicing and technology solutions that support these areas.
• Work as part of a cross-functional team focused on delivery of key Digital Transformation initiatives, leading the team to deliver at pace within an agile environment.
• Experience in development within Cloud environment and leading DevOps practices.
• Experience working in Financial Services across regulatory and risk programmes will be highly beneficial.
Candidates for this role will need to demonstrate they hold Australian or New Zealand PR/Citizenship or working rights given current international travel restrictions.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued and respected and where opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow in an inclusive environment.
Applications from First Nations peoples are encourage.
Learn more about careers at HSBC Australia - https://www.hsbc.com/careers/where-we-hire/australia
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. Issued by HSBC Bank Australia Limited. Please note that HSBC will we never communicate to applicants via non HSBC channels such as WhatsApp or Facebook so please be careful if anyone attempts to contact you via these channels.