See job description for details
Title: Product Area Lead – Markets Risk
Location: Sydney or Melbourne
Role Type: Permanent
- Do work that matters on a large scale
- Collaborate with talented teams of engineers and leaders in their field
- Join a progressive organisation with the people and policies you want
At ANZ our purpose is to shape a world where people and communities thrive and to achieve this, we need a talented Product Area Lead to join our Markets Risk Technology squad.
Markets Risk encompasses the Technology squads across Market and Credit Risk. Markets Risk resides in the Regulatory & Risk Tech Area within ANZ’s Institutional bank. Our squads are responsible for providing rich aggregation, reporting & analytics capability across Markets Risk. Our systems normalise and aggregate data from multiple risk engines and sources for use by front & middle office across the ANZ Markets businesses.
As a Product Area Lead you will bring in experience as a technology leader, be involved in the development and support of the Markets Risk infrastructure for multiple initiatives impacting Markets Risk. What does a 'day in the life' look like:
What will be in your toolkit:
- Drive multiple initiatives for Markets Risk technology and ensure the impact of the constantly evolving requirements of the business are continually met
- Continually manage change through to production to support the Markets Risk business whilst maintaining production stability
- Drive continuous improvements of the system, development practice and processes and team performance
- Lead multiple teams of engineers and analysts in supporting, maintaining and enhancing the Markets Risk infrastructure
- Work closely with the Product Area Lead(s) and Tech Area Lead in executing the Technology Strategy across Market Risk and Credit Risk
- A self-starter that enjoys a challenge and working in an agile environment
- An effective technical lead able to drive technical direction alongside managing multiple work streams
- Someone who takes pride in their work and will build a strong culture of continuous improvement throughout their teams
- A strong advocate of DevOps best practice
- Someone who can interface with both technical and business teams within Markets Risk and multiple projects in parallel, e.g. Benchmark Transition (BMT), Murex Trade Lifecycle, BAU delivery and production support
- Who will develop and nurture relationships with stakeholders to ensure that all system requirements are developed and implemented with the customer in mind
- Who enjoys learning new technologies and new ways of working
- Solid understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Experience with building teams and delivery capability from scratch
- Experience with leading multiple teams working on different priorities and backlogs
- Proven ability to lead and manage multiple project priorities in parallel
- Experience with Agile & DevOps structures, ceremonies and processes
- Solid understanding of end-to-end behaviour of enterprise applications, from front end through to database, authentication and access control
- Experienced with tools such as Git, Maven, JIRA, Confluence and test driven methodologies
- Experience in the financial industry, Market Risk, Credit Risk and Global Markets is mandatory
You’re not expected to have 100% of these skills. At ANZ a growth mindset is at the heart of our culture and we actively encourage people to try new things. So if this role interests you and you feel you have most of these things in your toolbox, we’d love to hear from you. About ANZ
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded. We work flexibly at ANZ and encourage you to talk to us about how this role can be flexible for you and any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself
. If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number Taleo Job Code (AUS128619)