Principal Product Manager, Enterprise Platform
Software and agile ways of work are changing the world, and Atlassian provides the leading tools powering this change. With more than 80,000 global customers (including 85 of the Fortune 100) and a highly disruptive business model, Atlassian is advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we're out to unleash the potential of every team.
As a Principal Product Manager working on Atlassian's enterprise platform, you will be responsible for managing our enterprise product strategy - one of the fastest growing product lines at Atlassian. You will inspire and energize teams across Atlassian as you define the product vision, evaluate market opportunities, analyze industry trends as well as customer, vendor, and partner needs, and prioritize features and improvements. Your work will include both features you are directly responsible for, as well as feature areas managed by other Product Managers within their products. You will also act as a player/coach/mentor among Product Managers in other teams. You will also interface with executive, GTM, and support functions in order to ensure the success of your product strategy.
Your work will impact thousands of customers including some of the leaders in their industries, now and for the next decade, as you define the foundations for how teams connect, collaborate, and accomplish amazing things. More about you
You love working hard to make products as amazing as possible for customers. You have prior success setting product vision and strategy and launching excellent products. You can lead the team through setting clear goals, making decisions, and communicating crisply to your team, to leaders across Atlassian, and to our customers and partners. You've got charisma in spades: you're social and adept at building relationships across product lines and functional groups to make sure we are all on the same page. Previous experience in the fields of project management, collaboration, and enterprise software is a plus.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 6+ years of product management experience, ideally at a fast-growing software company
- Strong technical background to understand and prioritize the needs of developers and can shape the vision for a strong technology platform - you're a PM by trade, but love geeking out over great technical ideas from time to time
- Ability to prioritise among opportunities, balance the needs of a diverse set of external and internal stakeholders of our platform and clearly communicate the rationale behind your decisions
- You love obsessing over your users, and working directly with design and engineering to craft delightful experiences
- You are a strategic thinker (but can get down in the weeds too) with great creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Be able to help define the product vision to inspire your teams and senior stakeholders
- Good instincts matched with deep analytical thinking. You're comfortable defining and tracking key business and usage success metrics
- A track record of building relationships and influencing without authority at all levels of the organization. You'll make sure we're all on the same page.
- Ability to build a compelling business case for new opportunities.
It's great, but not required, if you have:
More about our team
- Experience leading product teams
- BS/BA with an emphasis in technology, IT or operations; Masters or MBA preferred
- Experience with building out infrastructure at scale, including AWS, Docker, Azure
- Experience working on enterprise-focused areas (B2B)
The Atlassian Server and enterprise team builds products that are relied upon by over thirty thousand customers including more than 300 of the Fortune 500 companies. The Product Management team is defined by our connection to customers along every stage of the process. We empathise with their struggles and are passionate about creating solutions to understand, validate, and solve their problems. Collaboration is our glue, whether it is working with engineering, design, project management and product marketing. From the smallest details to two year planning and vision, we're the meeting point of business, technology and customer solutions-and we love it every step of the way. More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more. More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team . Additional Information
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.