Principal Investment Area, Real Estate Investing, Associate, Sydney
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Principal Investment Area
We invest in corporate equity and debt, real estate equity and debt, and infrastructure-related assets and companies. Principal Investment Area (Merchant Banking's operation in Australia and New Zealand) operates on a global platform and our team works in a fast-paced, exciting environment. We look for individuals with versatile skills and a passion for investing.
We have a broad and flexible mandate spanning equity, hybrid / structured credit, and debt (both primary loans and distressed debt) - seeking mis-priced and under-valued opportunities from a cross-section of both traditional, operating and emerging real estate sectors. Targets single assets / loans, developments, portfolios and platforms Job Description
- The real estate division of the Principal Investment Area invests in both debt and equity instruments, predominantly through private investments
- Your role will involve analyzing various real estate investment opportunities through all parts of the capital structure and across all traditional and alternative asset classes. This will also extend to helping formulate an investment thesis around a particular investment opportunity or strategy, working within the broad and flexible parameters of our investment mandate
- You will be expected to be up to date with macroeconomic conditions, as well as key drivers and fundamentals in major real estate asset classes
- Seeking ambitious team players with strong communication skills and work ethic, with the ability to collaborate with a broader team and external partners and consultants
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Basic Qualifications
- Analyse potential real estate investment opportunities
- Perform due diligence and valuation work across various real estate asset classes and capital structures
- Preparation of investment committee papers, in addition to any other internal / external presentation materials
- Supporting senior members of the team in structuring investments and making investment and asset management decisions
- Interface with external parties, including coordination of 3 rd part advisors, financiers and operating partners, as necessary
- Ongoing asset management support for portfolio investments
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- 2- 3 years relevant experience in areas such as private equity/credit (or other real estate investing/credit role), capital transactions, investment banking, management consulting, real estate investment management or real estate development
- Strong modelling (high proficiency in Excel), valuation and basic accounting skills
- Real estate valuation and investment management experience in both equity and debt p referred but not essential
- Strong attention to detail and superior communication skills (written and verbal)
- Project management and presentation skills
- Creative thinkers with strong problem solving skills, and flexibility to adapt to different situations, market conditions and evolving strategies
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity