Principal Engineer - Digital and Wealth
Are you a talented software engineer who loves working in the digital space and building features for the customer? We are looking for people to join the digital wealth technology teams. We have a number of positions for full stack, front end or back end engineers to work on exciting projects. How will you contribute?
Joining one of our existing agile teams you will be working on projects to support our digital transformation. These include:
- Extending our award winning Panorama user experience in the web and mobile space
- Integrating our partners with BT platforms via APIs
- Improving the performance of our platforms by breaking up our monolithic apps and the use of Cassandra, Solr and Spark
- Adding features to support our direct and advised customers across Investments, Superannuation and Insurance
We are looking for the following skills and behaviours:
- Energy and enthusiasm to use technical solutions to solve customer problems
- A relentless drive to improve processes including DevOps and automation
- A focus on the customer and user experiences
- A deep understanding of software engineering principles and current technical directions
- A desire to become the owner of a technical domain including solution design, engineering and operations and to share this knowledge with our community
- An ability to guide and influence stakeholders (business and technical) on best practice and outcome based approaches.
- A demonstrated ability to lead technical forums and other group discussion to help build an engineering culture
Experience in areas of our technical stack would be awesome, but we find that great software engineers can pick this up quickly. Your experience:
What's it like to work here?
- JS libraries and frameworks (Angular & React)
- Testing frameworks (Mocha & Jasmine)
- Java 11
- Spring framework (including SpringBoot)
- Restful microservices
- Apache Cassandra
- Apache Solr
- Apache Spark
As well as good pay and a great culture, joining the Westpac family means you'll get lots of perks including some of the best banking, wealth and insurance benefits in the market. We back our employees by helping them work towards industry-recognised qualifications, using online learning, training modules and career planning tools for you to grow with us. We'll even pay you to do volunteer or community work. How do I apply?
As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, this role is open to experienced candidates seeking a discussion around workplace flexibility. We invite candidates of all ages, people with a disability and Indigenous Australians to apply.