Principal Data & Analytics AJPC CDA Delivery Lead
Alexa, help me transform and optimize my business leveraging AWS from a people, process AND platform perspective!" AWS is known for its unwavering customer obsession. Our Professional Services teams are on the front line of helping customers succeed using AWS data and analytics services that align with the new ways of managing people and re-architecting critical processes to complement the new cloud paradigm.
AWS Professional Services team members leverage their deep knowledge of AWS technologies in collaboration with our sales and partner teams to propose, architect, and implement transformational data and analytics solutions for customers. Helping make customer success a reality using AWS cloud as an enabler and seeing the impact in real-time drives our teams to explore new frontiers in leveraging AWS for our customers.
The Data & Analytics Customer Delivery Architect (CDA) is a new role within the Professional Services Global Specialty practice oriented around growing the qualify-deliver-manage model being rolled out globally. The individual is responsible for partnering with a Professional Services leaders to build quality-delivery-manage programs enabling the CDA role to be successful. This role leads by example and dive deep into a customer's business challenge, to collaboratively propose and pre-qualify a particular set of outcomes that would result from a formal data and analytics Professional Services engagement. This is not a pure consultant role, nor is it a pure selling role. It is an individual with a unique data and analytics expertise, including solution architecture, delivery excellence, coupled with cross-industry business acumen, including a heavy dose of passion for continued knowledge acquisition and growth, obsession for customers, and their success using AWS that will align well with the desired outcomes to be produced.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• In partnership with the ProServe Go-to-Market teams, develop enablement programs for CDA qualify-deliver roles within ProServe's Data Analytics community
• In partnership with AWS Professional Services delivery teams develop delivery execution methodologies, delivery quality best practices, and perform delivery quality reviews.
• As a key member of the Professional Services Global Specialty practice, ensure success in designing, building, optimizing, transforming or migrating, data and analytics solutions to AWS platform
• Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS
• Participate in deep architectural discussions and design exercises to create world-class data and analytics solutions built on AWS while ensuring such solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud and drive business outcomes
• Deliver projects as an engagement manager as required for complex data analytics engagements.
• Collaborate, capture and share best-practice knowledge regarding sales and delivery content amongst the AWS Professional Services community
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
• Experience in selling and delivering business value to customers with Data Analytics solutions
• Experience in developing enterprise data and analytics strategy
• Consulting pre-sales experience and ability to sell $1M+ professional services engagements.
• Familiarity with TCO, ROI and Value Models to help Customers understand the cost/benefit equation associated with Data Analytics Cloud solutions
• Identify, lead and contribute to the creation of best practices, packaged offering, white papers, workshops, etc.
• 5+ years experience leading the design, development and deployment of Data, Analytics or Machine Learning solutions
• Knowledge of data landscape including the DWH/Spark/Hadoop Ecosystem
• Familiarity with on premise transactional database environments such as Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL and/or Postgres, as well as MPP databases (Teradata, Netezza, Vertica and Greenplum)
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Masters or PhD in Computer Science or Business Administration
• One of the AWS Associate level certifications or AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner.
• AWS Certified Big Data Specialty is a plus
• Team leadership of team sizes > 30
• Industry leadership in the fields of database, data warehousing or data sciences
• Extensive pre-sales experience with large-scale full-cycle data lake & cloud data warehouse consulting engagements
• Prior experience and knowledge of developing data and analytics solution for SAP
• Prior hands on experience in data lake / data warehousing design, tuning and ETL/ELT process development
• Understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP databases, NoSQL storage, Data Warehouse design, BI reporting and Dashboard development
• Knowledge of Cloud Computing, AWS services such as EC2, S3, VPC and Redshift
• Enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment fast paced environment
• Ability to communicate complex topics to an audience with various functional knowledge
• Strong organizational and project management skills with an ability to manage numerous, competing demands from internal and external stakeholders and Customers
• Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges of Data Analytics in an enterprise environment.
• Ability to develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems
• Ability to collaborate with Global and Enterprise account teams and sales leadership to drive adoption of Data Analytic Solutions into top accounts.