Principal Consultant Business Architect
Job Description: Essential Job Functions
- Gathers business requirements through a variety of techniques (e.g. work sessions and interviews) and facilitates design workshops (Business).
- Builds case for action and helps to obtain buy-in from executive sponsors of the mission, vision and strategy and case for action (Business).
- Assists with the development of conceptual business model views and high-level and detailed business process designs to the elementary business process (EBP) level and derived logical process (DLP) level (Business).
- Develops the required work products for the business process and application domains of change (Methdology).
- Leads a team of 5-8 resources (company, client, and third-party resources), in your area of expertise, to conclusion of a project phase (Management).
- Assists in prototyping business applications to ensure accuracy in design and applicability to user requirements (Technical).
- Interacts with confidence and ease when interacting with middle- and senior-level managers (client and company); uses complex strategies like indirect influence to build consensus and support (Relationship Management).
- Assists sales staff in qualifying leads and generating proposals (Leverage).
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel (Leadership).
- Communicates in formal presentation settings including proposal orals, client workshops and regional internal events; develops proposal sections, methodology work products and formal written deliverables covering area(s) of expertise (Communication).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
- Six or more years of consulting experience with business analysis, design, and redesign
- One to two years of additional relevant experience in one or more business or industry specialty areas
- Experience working with company, client , and/or equivalent vendor-mandated methodology
- Experience working with techniques and approaches for business process design
- Experience working with techniques and approaches for test planning and execution
- Good workflow analysis and business process integration skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex environment
- Ability to devise creative business solutions
- Ability to convey a strong presence, professional image, and deal confidently with complex business problems
- Willingness to travel
- Office environment
- May require evening or weekend work