Portfolio Risk Analyst, Secured
Some career choices have more impact than others.
We're looking for progressive minds who are driven and forward-thinking, who are open
to different ideas and cultures, who can connect
with customers and colleagues and who'll work with courageous integrity
As an HSBC employee in Australia, you'll have access to tailored professional development opportunities, competitive pay, an embedded flexible working culture and a range of employee benefits. These include market-leading subsidised private health cover, enhanced parental pay and support when returning to work, subsidised banking products, services and wellness programmes.
The WPB Risk Team is responsible for the development and management of HBAU's credit risk management framework across all Wealth and Personal Banking (WPB)
products, supporting the business and ensuring risk strategies are focused on maximising portfolio profitability across the full credit spectrum. We monitor and manage the WPB mortgage portfolio to formulate and implement automated decisioning strategies and credit policies, identifying opportunities for improvement of performance, customer experience and ultimately profit.
Taking on the role of Portfolio Risk Analyst, you will support the team of experienced risk analytics specialists with whatever needs to be done to support the product management and collections teams with analytics and insights to identify emerging risks, validate assumptions and make improvements. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with existing business knowledge and a keen analytical mind to learn from the ground up in a supportive team, where you will benefit from the coaching provided by the more senior team members, across a broad variety of analytics work.
This is a chance to join HSBC at a time of growth, enabling you to be part of the journey, while joining a team, with genuine opportunities for development gained with a global banking brand which has a smaller Australian footprint. Your main responsibilities will include:
Qualifications To be successful in the role you will need:
- Generating WPB (Risk) Management Information (MI) for the WPB products, ensuring all reports are produced error free and within agreed deadlines.
- Monitoring automated decision strategies and credit policies
- Supporting the management of the Mortgage Portfolio from credit origination to end of cycle collection oversight.
- Providing credit scoring tracking for the Mortgage Portfolio ensuring strategies support the risk/reward trade off with the emphasis on maximising customer profitability.
- Assisting with adhering to reporting requirements from regulators.
- Completing deep dive analytics using SAS as your analytical tool to cleanse, structure and manipulate data to generate portfolio insights and reports.
- Business knowledge in a banking or financial services environment, accompanied with a base level of analytics experience.
- Exposure to consumer risk an advantage but not essential.
- MS Excel along with any experience in SAS Programming/Analytics, R, Python and visual analytics (Tableau, Qliksense), Visual Basic and SQL an advantage, but not essential.
- Strong attention to detail, organisation and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively manage stakeholder relationships and present technical information in plain language.
- Understanding of statistical based decisioning systems would be an advantage.
- Tertiary qualifications in a Statistical / Mathematical based degree would be an advantage.
Candidates for this role will need to demonstrate they hold Australian or New Zealand PR/Citizenship or working rights given current international travel restrictions.
Applications from First Nations peoples are encouraged.
Please note that HSBC will we never communicate to applicants via non HSBC channels such as SMS, WhatsApp or Facebook so please be careful if anyone attempts to contact you via these channels.