Portfolio Administration Associate
State Street Corporation is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $28.7 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.45 trillion in assets under management as of June 30, 2015, State Street operates globally in more than 100 geographic markets worldwide.
With more than 37,000 employees across 29 countries, at State Street, our people are our greatest asset. We recognize that highly skilled, engaged and productive employees are essential to our success. Our company values reflect our commitment to employee engagement, Global Inclusion and corporate social responsibility — to help you build a fulfilling career. Around the world, we aim to be an employer of choice by offering competitive compensation and benefits, personal and professional development opportunities, and a work environment that promotes a diverse array of people, ideas and skills.
Summary of Role
The Portfolio Administration team is responsible for all the middle and back office functions undertaken by State Street in Australia. As part of the Investment Operations team in Australia we are responsible for ensuring accurate client portfolios are reflected on State Street platforms, as well delivering on all mandated client reporting requirements.
- You will oversee cash and security reconciliations for an assigned group of portfolios
- Work with custodians and brokers to ensure all trades are settled in a timely manner
- Completing Month End processing cycle which include full portfolio reconciliations, performance calculation and client reporting
- Working with the various internal teams to respond to ad hoc queries from clients
- Liaising with global State Street offices for resolution of open issues
- Completing client specific reporting requirements
- You will have a basic understanding of global investment risk
- Graduate level or above
- Minimum 12 months Portfolio Administration experience from either an Investment Manager or Global Custodian
- Knowledge of investment accounting and NAV calculation across various asset classes
- You will have a proven track record of meeting service level expectations
- High attention to detail
- A proven interest in financial markets
Skills / knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- You will have a strong understanding of financial services
- Strong PC skills, specifically Excel skills (Intermediate)
State Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer.