Platform Engineer - Client and Production Support
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
ENGINEERING What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here. Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Bolt-Web Engineering team in the FICC Division is seeking an Associate to join the team as a Platform Engineer for Client and Production support. The BoltWeb team owns a strategic platform for pricing and trading derivative products. This global platform is used by many business units in FICC (FX, Commodities, Interest Rates) to make markets for our clients on a daily basis.
- Help users to quickly resolve issue
- Create user documentation for applications and processes
- Create runbooks for faster issue resolution
- Debug code and determine where changes need to be made to resolve root causes
- Manage support tickets to track recurring issues and support cost
- Perform start of day checks to ensure that systems are operational before the trading day starts
- Use tools to execute configuration changes, modify production data and entitle users to applications
- Execute BCPs to ensure that backup plans are up to date
- Design, Develop and Maintain SDLC and runtime services and tools.
- Become an SRE Champion, SDLC and Kubernetes runtime expert on the team and share this expertise.
- Help to define and improve SDLC / Continuous Delivery OKRs such as increasing release cadence and reducing incident rates.
- Honour's degree in STEM subject
- 2+ years of support and incident management experience
- Desire to do support as their primary role
- Ability to read and debug code (Java/C++/Python)
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in software release process and change management
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
- Demonstrable programming expertise in at least 1 language
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience in supporting front office trading desks at financial institutions
- Experience with configuring monitoring and alerting solutions ( e.g. Prometheus, PagerDuty )
- Experience working on Docker based services running in a cloud environment
- Experience with Kubernetes networking configuration ( e.g. Contour / Envoy )
- Exposure to large scale SOA Java deployment
- Exposure to Kafka, Elastic Search
- Experience in Continuous Delivery / DevOps / agile methodologies
- Familiarity with Linux bash scripting
- Knowledge of Fixed Income products (Interest Rates, Credit, Foreign Exchange)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity