Platform Architect, Salesforce.org APAC
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts. Job Category
Sales Job Details
Salesforce.org is the dedicated social impact team of Salesforce that delivers technology to nonprofits, educational institutions, and philanthropic organisations so they can connect with others and do more good. We believe the purpose of business should be to improve the state of the world. We provide access to powerful technology, strategic community partnerships, and impactful investments that empower change makers to build a better world.
We are seeking exceptional candidates to join the Salesforce.org Solution Engineering team as a Platform Architect. If you possess intellectual curiosity, great problem solving skills and an unwavering belief that the right technology can solve any problem then you are the ideal candidate for the job.
A successful Platform Architect has strong technical experience and enjoys designing transformational solutions and working directly with customers to meet their business needs. They are a passionate CRM consultant and believe in modernising CRM by transforming Customers on the Salesforce Platform. They will have responsibility for creating/sharing/collaborating on materials to support sales and delivery, a deep understanding of other competitive offerings and insight as to where the market is headed across all aspects of CRM Transformation.
The Platform Architect is responsible for aligning the solution strategy of our cloud based solutions and technologies with our nonprofit and higher education customers. These technologies include--but are not necessarily limited to Salesforce.com App Cloud, Force.com APIs, Apex/Visualforce, Heroku, Identity, integration and mobile development technologies and the SDLC. This role is pivotal in driving internal and external awareness of our enterprise security and service delivery technology. A candidate fitting this role will also maintain an ongoing comprehensive understanding of the cloud computing ecosystem and supporting technologies. Job Description
The Platform Architect will act as a domain expert to sales and solutions teams on the Salesforce platform and how it fits into an enterprise IT architecture. With a broad IT background the Platform Architect will be comfortable discussing and demonstrating all aspects of the Salesforce platform including hosting infrastructure, security, integration and declarative/programmatic extensions to IT audiences up to CIO/CTO level. With a strong blend of technical and sales skills the Platform Architect uses a consultative approach to understand business and technical requirements and to help the sales and solutions teams develop and refine a technical sales strategy and Salesforce solution fit. The Platform Architect will also participate in the delivery of product and best practices educational sessions to existing customers and the broader Platform as a Service market. Your responsibilities
- Advise CIO/CTO level contacts and their IT teams as they look to move their business to a cloud architecture
- Present Salesforce technology infrastructure, including demonstrating deep familiarity with company's hosting infrastructure, security and integration capabilities
- Understand the customer need and establish company's product as the best solution that addresses the technical and business requirements
- Build and present customised demos using the declarative and programmatic capabilities of the Platform
- Conduct technical workshops and education sessions
- Manage customer technical due diligence and risk management processes
- Work closely with other elements of the Salesforce organisation, e.g. alliances, sales effectiveness, product marketing, etc. to develop and execute internal and external programs and initiatives
- Assist sales teams in responses to RFPs and technical requirements documents
- Provide regular technical enablement to cross functional roles in the Salesforce.org organisation
- Participate in all appropriate product, sales, and procedural training and certification to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective in the position
- Attain quarterly and annual objectives assigned by management
- Direct experience working with CRM and/or cloud computing technologies and ability to discuss cloud architectures
- Direct experience with Salesforce technology. Minimum ADM-201, 301 certified. Strong understanding of Salesforce change management technologies, processes and best practices.
- Strong understanding of the security processes, standards & issues involved in multi-tier, multi-tenant web applications
- A good understanding of the architectural principles of web based platforms including SaaS, multi-tenancy, multi-tiered infrastructure and application servers
- Solid understanding of enterprise application integration, including SOA, ESB, EAI, ETL environments and an understanding of integration considerations such as process orchestration, customer data integration and master data management
- Architectural and development experience of Web Services
- Strong project management and Agile development methodologies
- Ability to work as part of a team to solve business and technical problems in complex environments
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills - you will be the face of the Solution Development organisation to a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven time management & prioritisation skills in a dynamic environment
- B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS, MBA, or equivalent work experience
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form. Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.