Partner Solutions Architect
DESCRIPTION As a Partner Solutions Architect at AWS, you'll build technical relationships with partners of all sizes and operate as their trusted advisor, ensuring a great partner experience with AWS and most importantly, for our shared customers.
You'll manage the overall technical relationship between AWS and our partners, helping them to support our customers by making recommendations on security, cost, performance, reliability and operational efficiency to accelerate our customer's challenging, mission-critical projects. Internally, you will be the voice of the partner, sharing their needs and wants to inform the roadmap of AWS features and partner program improvements. In this role, your creativity will link technology to tangible solutions, with the opportunity to help our partners deliver on our shared goal to transform the experience of citizens interacting with all levels of Government, Education and Health.
You will participate in the creation and sharing of best practices, technical content and new reference architectures (e.g. white papers, code samples, blog posts) and evangelize and educate about AWS technology (e.g. through workshops, user groups, meetups, public speaking, online videos or conferences).
If you can educate AWS customers and partners about the art of the possible, while challenging the impossible, come build the future with us. As a public sector Solutions Architect within Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of AWS cloud services across our partner ecosystem and within strategic accounts.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS A note on qualifications - the qualification list below reflects the typical candidate for a Solutions Architecture role at AWS, many people in these roles have a variety of backgrounds and journeys and we welcome a chance to discuss how your skills might fit in our team.
• Background in any of the following: Cloud Architecture, Systems Design, Software Development, Infrastructure Architecture, Data Engineering or DevOps
• Technical Degree (Computer Science, Maths, Engineering or equivalent) and/or relevant tech experience.
• Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
• A passion for technology and for learning
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS The following qualifications are desired but not required:
• Experience designing, building, refactoring or operating large scale and impactful IT systems - either on premises or in the cloud
• Working knowledge of cloud native architectures
• In-depth working knowledge in a technology domain such as distributed internet-scale web or mobile applications, DevOps, Analytics, Machine Learning, high-performance databases (SQL and/or NoSQL), complex networking implementations, highly secured workloads etc.
• Experience working in a customer-facing role or a role which involved public speaking
• AWS certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional) or other industry certification