Organisational Resilience - Consultants & Senior Consultants
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- KPMG Australia
- 20 Apr 18
See job description for details• Exciting opportunity to join a growing team
• Work across a broad range of clients and industries
• An agile, fast-paced work environment with a team that supports growth, skills development and innovation
• Flexible working options available
• Sydney CBD based
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
Our dedicated team of Resilience specialists work shoulder-to-shoulder with organisations at the centre of Australian life to ensure they are reliable, dependable and successful - no matter what this world throws at them. Our goal is to help our clients manage major - and often time-critical problems as effectively as possible. From ensuring IT systems supporting new products are highly available and resilient, to understanding and managing the potential impacts of crises - we are a globally-minded team that acts locally to preserve the successes of progress, hard work and investment. We inspire confidence, and empower change.
Our services are dynamic and responsive to our clients' needs and market demands, including:
• Working with risk managers, operational staff and senior executives to identify and report on weaknesses in their arrangements for preventing and responding to incidents, emergencies, disruptions and crises
• Preparing organisations to manage significant problems when they occur
• Designing, developing and implementing solutions to identify, manage and minimise the impacts of incidents - including the impacts to operations, brand and reputation, IT system availability, community and political relationships, and regulatory compliance
• Improving the decision making of organisational leaders through coaching, training and exercising capability, and
• Ensuring businesses and governments can provide vital services to their customers, no matter the impediment - including food, healthcare, payments, emergency services and telecommunications.
Your new role
• Identify their needs
• Design and deliver solutions, and
• Implement and prove the effectiveness of solutions.
As a Senior Consultant, you will be working with senior stakeholders on a range of jobs - forming a central point for day-to-day co-ordination of our projects. You will actively support local KPMG Managers and other senior staff to ensure we exceed our clients' expectations, and deliver high quality outcomes, and real results. There may also be some day-to-day co-ordination of junior staff.
All staff levels participate in report writing, peer review, business development, innovation, and forming strong internal and external relationships to ensure we are The Clear Choice for our clients.
What you bring to the role
• Australian workrights (citizenship preferred)
• Strong communication skills - particularly in report writing, facilitating interviews and enriching conversations, presenting to small and large groups, and facilitating day-to-day stakeholder engagement
• Excellent report writing and document design skills to quickly distil complex content into easy-to-understand and visually appealing experiences
• Exceptional MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook) and research skills are essential
• A commitment to excellence, problem fixing, and forming high-quality relationships
• A willingness to work hard and make an impact
• Ability to support, lead and inspire stakeholders - including colleagues and clients
• Strong analytical skills, exceptional attention to detail and natural curiosity are essential
• Industry experience would be beneficial - but not essential, and
• A willingness to invest in yourself, and in the development of others and KPMG.
What we offer you
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues, and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
Advertised: 20 Mar 2018 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 20 Apr 2018 AUS Eastern Standard Time