- Permanent Opportunity
- Full Time or Part-Time Option
- Sydney or Melbourne Location
The Data and Decision Science (DDS) team aspires to be the best analytics team in the world at engaging customers and delivering value for the organisation.
We are the pioneers of leveraging Next Best Action Marketing decisioning technology and the Group's data to anticipate and meet our customers' needs in an orchestrated, consistent and meaningful manner.
The DDS Division's purpose is to: improve the financial wellbeing of customers and communities using data
. Your team
The Office of the Chief Analytics Officer & Operations team are responsible for the planning, governance, monitoring, measurement and communication of business performance and to assist in driving the strategic direction and operational effectiveness of the Data and Decision Science team.
Whilst we all come from a range of backgrounds and disciplines, what brings us together is a single passion to stretch ourselves and make a real difference for the organisation and our customers. Your Impact and Contribution
As Operations Manager in the DDS team, you will work directly with the Divisions staff, managers and leadership team. More specifically you will;
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct . The Code of Conduct sets the standards of behaviour, actions and decisions we expect from our people.
Finance and operations
- Work with Retail Banking Services (RBS) and Enterprise Services (ES) Finance, DDS Senior Manager Operations, DDS LT and the DDS team to review and manage the finances for the DDS Division. This will include, budgeting, tracking actuals, investigation, forecasting and advising on action to be taken to remain within budget.
- Manage annual revision of DDS carded rates (assigned to DDS team members)
- Set-up of new projects in PPMC (Projects and Portfolio Management Centre) and ongoing reporting
- Manage resource utilisation and recoveries tracking
- Track the on boarding and off boarding of DDS resources, including PPMC setup where required
- Provide timely and accurate reports for management
- Understand requirements of the CBA Group Delivery Framework (GDF) and be able to translate these requirements into clear instructions for the stakeholders/project team
- Manage/create/conduct necessary GDF activities/reporting in a timely fashion
- Understand 'what good looks like' for GDF activities/reporting and be able to effectively advise project staff/sponsor
- Review project/program/portfolio and determine areas which require further investigation/escalation
- Mentor project managers and project sponsors on project and GDF activities/reports
- Maintain a risk management focus across the project portfolio / individual projects and resolve/escalate to achieve resolution
- Be the risk representative for your team ('Risk Champion').
- Understand the CBA Operational Risk requirements and facilitate ensuring these are undertaken for your team (Office of the Chief Analytics Officer & Operations) ie. for finance and supplier activities.
- Work to improve DDS team morale and culture
- Work well with the DDS team, Finance, RBS, A&I, Talent Acquisition, Risk, Procurement, Supplier Management etc.
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Communicate clearly and efficiently with the DDS team and DDS stakeholders
- Use your skills to support and accelerate the ability of DDS and your team (the Office of Chief Analytics Officer and Operations) to achieve their strategic goals by participating in relevant activities
- Be responsible for change management to achieve improvements
- Work closely with the Finance , DDS team members and other CBA functions to determine best practice processes and drive efficiencies
- Create, review, update and reconcile various reports using Excel, Powerpoint and other tools
- 3+ years experience in a Management Finance or Operational role
- Business acumen
- Experienced with building effective relationships with all levels of team members and stakeholders; and working cooperatively to achieve business outcomes
- Strong planning and organisation skills and structured and logical approach to tasks
- Responsible, professional and ability to manage the delivery to deadlines of multiple priorities in a dynamic and demanding environment
- Strive for better ways of working and are open to change
- Exhibit a 'can-do' attitude at all times
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Strong and clear communication skills (written and verbal)
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills (particularly with Excel and PowerPoint)
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 07/03/2021