Operations, Local Markets Operations, Analyst, Sydney
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Sydney Local Market Ops, comprises of Middle Office, Trade Support and Settlements, provides essential risk management and control, as well as business engagement and client services covering multiple asset classes including ASX and NZX equities, fixed income, listed derivatives, and FX. Tasks includend NZX listed stocks against GS Australia entity as well as assisting the Securities Division locally in timely escalation of any booking errors and trade confirmations.
The Settlement team is responsible for settlement of cash equity securities and fixed income products for the ASX and NZX traded across GS entities, both on-shore and off shore. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Ensuring trade booking and confirmations are execute and matched
• Ensure no trade breaks in the reconciliation from upstream to downstream ledgers
• Ensure client allocations are booked out in a timely manner
• Following up with Securities desks and clients as appropriate to ensure timely resolution of issues
• Pre-matching/settlement handling for agent bank/self-clearing market flow.
• Fail investigation and resolution
• Inventory management, strategic alignment of firm-wide stock inventory to ensure timely settlement
• Managing ECM flow in the assistance of the Syndicate Execution desk BASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
• General knowledge of cash equity/fixed income/Derivative products
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong technical / analytical skills - able to identify and reconcile trade discrepancies
• Self-motivated, driven and strong team player PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Strong knowledge in a number of; SecDB, Liberty, Hydra, Corona, Costar, GPS, TSETT, Harmony
• Prior experience in another global office in a SDO / CSS role ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity