Operations Engineer - Amazon Web Services
DESCRIPTION Amazon's technology business has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. Now, with Amazon Web Services (AWS) you have the chance to help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into "the Cloud". As a member of the AWS Support team, you will be at the forefront of Cloud technologies with interactions with the full breadth of AWS services.
AWS Managed Services is designed to accelerate cloud adoption, it simplifies deployment, migration, and management using automation and machine learning, backed up by a dedicated team of Amazon employees. AWS Managed Services provides ongoing management of the AWS infrastructure. It automates common activities such as change requests, monitoring, patch management, security, and backup services, and provides full-lifecycle services to provision, run, and support your infrastructure.
We are looking for Operations Engineers to join our Managed Services team based in Sydney. This is an opportunity to join a world class team that is at the forefront of enhancing customer's cloud support experience.
Let's talk about you...
So, how's your OS and networking skills? Do you have expertise in both or either of them? Do you know all of the deep corners of the OS? Do you know where the performance hides? Do you know how to make the absolute best use of every byte of RAM, every CPU cycle?
Have you had other Engineers say "I don't believe it" when they saw how well a system you tuned was performing in production? Do you always like to dabble with the latest OS version to keep systems running with the latest and greatest features? Do you like to keep the servers in lock down with the best security and auditing tools to keep intruders away? Do you have an obsession of making sure your boxes run with 99.999% uptime?
Are you getting excited after reading this?
We have Good news! We're enhancing our teams with deep OS and Network expertise, and you should be on it. Come join us-we work hard, have Fun and make History!
Your life at AWS
As a member of Managed Service team, you will be working with our amazing Operation Engineers, and Network Engineers to dive in and tackle the hardest technical challenges, who excel working in an agile environment while collaborating with some of the smartest people in the industry, who gets excited about owning critical infrastructure services that serve global customers every second of the day! Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
• Operate the Managed Service platform and collaborate with internal service teams to meet our customers' individual needs for their infrastructure and application deployments.
• Optimize infrastructure for applictaion performance, recreate customer issues in test environment, and provide consultation to customer around cloud operations. Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs
• Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that will span multiple AWS services.
• Help build and maintain CloudFormation templates, automate and deploy AWS resources and configuration changes.
• Collaborate and help build utilities and tools for internal use that enable you and your fellow AWS Engineers to operate safely at high speed and wide scale.
• Leverage your day-to-day experiences to provide the voice of the customer to internal AWS teams (Product/Dev/Security).
• Drive customer communication during critical events.
• Learn and leverage groundbreaking technologies.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Experience in System Administration or Operations with Linux / Windows background
• Firm grasp of networking fundamentals and thorough understanding of fundamental internet protocols such as DNS, HTTP, and TCP.
• Scripting and / or programming experience with at least one scripting language (PowerShell, Ruby, Python, Bash)
• Excellent written and oral English communication skills to successfully engage with customers and colleagues.
• Track record of ramping up quickly in an evolving and challenging role
• Understanding the concepts of virtualization and cloud computing.
• Well-honed troubleshooting skills at various levels of complexity.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Hands on AWS experience with production workloads.
• Cloud Architecture understanding
• Experience with agile software development practices
• Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 production environment
• Experience with some aspect(s) of computer security: network security, application security, security protocols, cryptography, etc.
• Experience with IAM, Active Directory and ADFS.
• Experience in a DevOps team, supporting CI/CD workloads.
• Experience setting up, maintaining and coordinating the automated patch and configuration management of production servers.