Oceania Portfolio Finance Analyst - Australia and New Zealand
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- EY Australia
- 20 Apr 19
Oceania Portfolio Finance Analyst - Australia and New Zealand
In line with the Global Finance Transformation and the drive towards Vision 2020, Oceania Markets Finance is launching new roles, one of which is the Portfolio Finance Advisor (PFA). The PFA will be part of an extended global PFA network, focused on improving margin performance and at the forefront of finance and business policies, tools and best practices to effectively support Client Servers (CS).
This is a high-profile role working with Senior Leadership to drive our overall growth strategy for EY's large and complex engagements. Acting as a trusted advisor, you will help navigate the business through the complexities of managing large and complex engagements and translating financial data into commercial terms. This is a great opportunity for a Commercial Analyst or experienced Finance Manager who is looking to take the next step up in their career. Read on to find out more!
Your Key Responsibilities:
The Portfolio Finance Advisor (PFA) is a finance professional with robust knowledge and experience that is dedicated to the largest and most complex engagements serviced by EY. The PFA will provide insight into the engagement's financial performance as well as forward thinking modelling and advice to support financial decisions.
In this role you will be delivering margin modelling and advising the Engagement Partner (EP) on the financial aspects of the engagement's strategic planning process, along with continually monitoring and measuring the financial success of their strategy. You will also be considered a high-profile contact when it comes to resolving complex issues and as you build your knowledge and experience, you'll become a credible advisor, influencing clients and engagement teams on resolutions that will impact entire industries.
The PFA will be aligned to a Service Line (SL) and provide advice and recommendations to Engagement Partners and teams. A successful PFA will demonstrate and utilise financial, commercial and consulting skills. The PFA provides advice tailored to the Client Server needs that optimises margin and financial management at a pursuit, engagement and portfolio level where these are complex in nature and material, including:
- Financial analysis related to engagement metrics and drivers (including margin improvement and inventory management)
- Providing advice to the Engagement Partner and Client Servers (CS) at the pursuit stage. The PFA is highly-skilled at:
- advising on commercial outcomes,
- deal reviews,
- modelling budgets,
- review of leverage models of staffing mix,
- review of pricing plans - including rate cards and discount strategies/buyer behaviours. Help the team to evaluate/analyse the margin impact for new rate card and discount proposals,
- promoting milestone or scheduled billing opportunities, and
- performing estimate to complete (ETC) reviews - including probability of meeting milestones, and recoverability of WIP.
- Team closely with the Service Line Finance Leader (SLFL) to agree their priorities and focus which are aligned with the business needs, and agreed oversight approach
- Attends SL Deal Review meetings to discuss the pipeline
- Attendance at SL Markets Finance meetings - where SLFLs discuss results, and competency lead EPs discuss their service offerings
- Link in with the Business Development (BD) and Markets teams regarding account strategies, pipeline, and assistance with developing rate cards
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of financial tools, SL strategies, and policies to help CS navigate and deliver work successfully to our clients
- Share forward-looking margin and business insights gained from working closely with CS and the SLFL to ensure SL leadership are equipped with the knowledge to drive better business decisions.
Skills and Attributes for Success:
- Ability to assimilate large data sets and translate that into commercial terms
- Acting as a trusted business advisor including providing a clear and insightful point of view, demonstrating forward and flexible thinking and challenging business assumptions
- Pro-actively developing networks and demonstrate understanding of the organization and landscape in which our clients operate.
- Ability to provide engagement teams with a clear understanding of the impact / benefit of applying Master Service Agreements (MSA), rate cards and other client procurement requirements on the largest and most complex pursuits to achieve the best margin outcome
- Demonstrated experience on advising of financial performance and forecast expectations against revenue plan throughout the year, with insights and recommendations to achieve optimal financial performance
To qualify for the role you must have
- Strong financial acumen and the ability to understand commercial drivers of engagement performance
- Exceptional written and oral presentation skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and articulate manner
- Proven ability to build credibility and trust with senior stakeholders
- Proactive approach to work and the ability to anticipate the needs of the business and deliver accordingly
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in customer relationship support in a Finance role; or
- While not essential, completion of relevant finance qualifications would also assist in performing this role, including:
- Completion of a four-year University degree (e.g. Bachelor's degree),
- graduate level education and/or
- professional certification.
- Whilst not essential, experience in pricing, including review of pricing plans, rate cards and discount strategies/buyer behaviours, would be beneficial.
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
Who we are
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer offering a vast range of internal networks including Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network. These provide our people with the opportunity to connect across offices and allow us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive work environment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply now.
© 2019 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved.