Oceania Advisory Risk Operations Manager (Financial Services Office) - Sydney
- Make the step from industry and enjoy the variety of work we can offer you
- Be part of a high-performing, supportive culture
- Work with a team of collaborators, innovators and the brightest minds in the industry
https://www.ey.com/au/shape-the-world The opportunity
We are looking for an Operations Manager within the Financial Services Office of our Advisory team in the Sydney office. This role is offered on a flexible full-time basis. Your key responsibilities
Skills and attributes for success
- Key entry point into the Risk business
- Link with central EY and FSO functions, e.g. finance, infrastructure, human resources, internal communications, knowledge, risk management, sales, marketing and learning anddevelopment
- Contribute to the strategic thinking and shaping of the Risk practice as part of the Vision 2020 ambition
- Undertaking ad-hoc projects at the request of partners, willing to take a hands-on approach towards whatever the issue of the day is
- Proactively look to define and implement new operational processes
Ideally, you'll also have
- At least 8 years' experience in finance related roles, preferable but not essential
- At least 4 years' experience in a management role
- Previous experience in a professional service environment
- Proven problem-solving skills and experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and experience in proactive strategic analyses and financial modelling.
Who are FSO?
- Bachelor Degree in Finance
- Membership of either Chartered Accountants or the Institute of Chartered Practicing Accountants
EY are the only professional services organisation offering a separate team dedicated exclusively to the financial services market. Join the Financial Services Organisation (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective to a range of high profile companies. We provide a highly integrated team, combining the knowledge from across our service lines to provide advice and guidance to key industry groups including wealth and asset management, banking, capital markets and insurance.
Apply and see where a career with FSO Advisory can take you! What working at EY offers
Our Total Rewards package includes:
Who we are
- formal or informal flexible working options e.g. remote working, flexible start and finish times - https://www.ey.com/au/eyflexibility
- career and learning development e.g. EY badges ( https://www.ey.com/gl/eybadges ), career mentoring
- an extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings e.g. Salary packaging, parental leave and support, health checks
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer ( https://www.ey.com/au/eydiversityInclusion ) offering a vast range of internal networks including Ability EY, our disability network, Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network enabling us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 1800 017 666. Make your mark. Apply Now!
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third-party provider
© 2019 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.