Network Scaling and Integration APAC Regional Expansion
- Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Network Scaling and Integration APAC Regional ExpansionAmazon's network is a key differentiator for Amazon Cloud Computing and Web Services (AWS), enabling the global operation of thousands of applications across a highly complex global infrastructure. The AWS Networking team develops and operates the network platform for all of Amazon including e-commerce products and cloud computing solutions. This platform is industry-leading for its efficiency, throughput and reliability, and it is critical to the success of hundreds of thousands of AWS customers.
Are you ready to own the end-to-end APAC Regional Expansion implementation and Deployment of Network Capacity for the largest cloud network on the planet? The Manager of NSI Regional Expansion is responsible for a large, geographically diverse team of highly qualified network engineers. This leader will be responsible for end-to-end delivery of our Network Infrastructure, including Safety, Scheduling, Standards and Implementation for new builds across the APAC Region. This leader is expected to significantly enhance our speed, quality, and safety in deploying new capacity to our network in Data Centre sites across the region. You will ensure the right resources/structure is in place to proactively stay ahead of our capacity demands while applying common sense around capital efficiency. Our leaders are deeply technical, understanding their environment to accurately represent issues and implement a strategy that continues to set new records for cycle time, quality and staff efficiency.
In this role, you will own the resources across APAC responsible for configuring and deploying all new network scaling and capacity. This leader will drive the strategy to innovate and optimize our new scale deployment while instilling the highest level of operational excellence in tools and processes. The mission of the team is to deliver network capacity on time with zero rework. The manager will be responsible for a full-time team of 2-12 technicians and Fly In Fly Out ((Smoke Jumper) technicians whilst they are in country to support build efforts.
This leader will be integral to the wider networking management senior leadership team, collaborating with our engineering and operations teams on new solutions and designs. They will own all aspects of people management.
Our engineers, managers, and leaders are innovators at heart; come join us and become integral to the technology company that is the past, present and future of real Cloud Computing.
• Minimum of 6+ years' experience in datacenter technology roles and 5+ years in a management/team lead role
• Past experience with individual contributor performance management
• Work closely with Network Engineering & Network Technical Project Manager teams to ensure fast, smooth rollout of new designs and products & collaborate with various stakeholders to remove project obstacles
• TCP/IP networking knowledge
• Broad understanding of infrastructure technologies
• Knowledge of network cabling, optic types, and test equipment, & experience with cabling infrastructure best practices and methodologies
• Up to 20-40% travel may be required
• 10+ years in a datacenter technology role and 10+ years in a management role
• Past experience with building physical datacenters including copper/fiber cabling, power distribution, data center racking and installation of network hardware, either as a manager or individual contributor
• Experience developing operational metrics
• Experience contributing to the creation and implementation of high quality, high volume recruiting plans
• Experience representing your team/technical area to senior management
• In-depth knowledge of data center technology (Cabling, Power, Cooling, Hardware)
• Experience in contributing to the definition and implementation of automation opportunities within a deployment/build environment
• Experience in agile management methodologies
• Experience with lean methodologies and Six-Sigma or similar qualification