- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Susquehanna Pacific Pty Ltd
- 23 May 19
As a Network Engineer, you will specialise in designing and implementing solutions for our environment in the Asia Pacific region. This will include building and optimising and supporting the infrastructure that our trading related businesses depend on. These business teams will look to you to provide recommendations to enhance performance including lowering latency, increasing throughput and improving redundancy.
This role encompasses a wide range of exposure as you define and implement the internal standards for our voice, data and video infrastructure. This will include analyzing traffic trends and researching and testing cutting edge hardware and software, while identifying proactive solutions to potential bottlenecks.
Our team consists of engineers who have a passion for networking and enjoy developing out-of-the-box solutions. This role offers the opportunity to work in a challenging environment for a trading firm that values both technology and innovation.
What we're looking for
- Bachelors degree in technical or related discipline required
- Minimum of five (5) years of network engineering and/or design experience required
- Proficient with Arista and/or Cisco hardware and software required
- Proficient with EIGRP and BGP routing protocols and multicast routing required
- Experience with IOS, NX-OS, and EOS required
- Packet level analysis experience required
- Experience with network monitoring tools such as Nagios, SevOne, or similar tool required
- Scripting and automation experience with Perl, Python, XML, or similar language preferred