Network Development Engineer Graduate 2021
DESCRIPTION Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking to hire A Graduate Network Development Engineer for our Network Operations team, to help drive the stability and sustainability of our next-generation networks and to discover innovative ways to automate and scale our network as we expand.
As graduate Network Development Engineer in our Network Operations team you will be responsible for:
• High quality second and third tier network and network event management for Amazons worldwide network operations
• Critical network operations support to AWS's internal and external customers to diagnose, remediate and trouble shoot large-scale networking events.
• Support and maintain our next generation data-center networks; Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes to mitigate complex issues.
• Monitor and manage communications during large-scale events utilizing an established Event Management process; collaborate with level two and level-three resolvers.
• Identify and troubleshoot recurring platform issues with a focus on removing manual actions from mitigation activities
• Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
• Troubleshoot networking, routing and interconnectivity issues, including troubleshooting of network device configuration and low level application interaction
• Identify and take ownership for opportunities to automate repeatable networking tasks through creation and maintenance of scripts and tools and enhancements of existing workflows.
Mentorship & Career Growth
As a graduate you will go through induction training. You will drive your own learning and development with guidance and coaching from your manager, buddy and colleagues around you. Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members in an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Projects and tasks are assigned in a way that leverages your strengths and helps you further develop your skillset.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our Company Culture:
At AWS we offer a flexible, positive, and supportive work environment. We understand work life harmony looks very different from person to person. We want employees who love what they do, and do what they love at work, at home, and beyond. So once here, you will have the opportunity to work with your manager to strike that right balance.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS Basic qualifications
• Bachelor's or Associate's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related science/technical fields, equivalent training, certifications, and/or experience.
• Experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
• Knowledge of IP Networking fundamentals such as BGP, OSPF and other R&S technologies
• Experience scripting in languages such as Python, Perl or Shell
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Preferred qualifications
• Knowledge of network hardware and packet forwarding architectures
• Able to handle ambiguous or vaguely defined challenges and articulate technical solutions through abstract thinking
• Basic knowledge of MPLS and advantage
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.