Network Development Engineer
DESCRIPTION AWS is looking for Network Engineers to help deploy, scale and automate one of the world's largest networks. We are expanding at a tremendous rate it is our responsibility to maintain quality and reliability while developing innovative ways to automate the scaling of our network.
As a Network Engineer working within AWS Infrastructure you will:
• Deploy network infrastructure across all of our network fabrics that supports the Amazon Retail Service and multiple AWS services.
• Deploy, scale and automate our network across multiple global data centers in both existing and new locations.
• Drive scaling of current network designs to meet the increasing demand of our customers.
• Create simple, repetitive deployment processes that increase both velocity and quality.
• Work closely with our internal customers on designs/solutions; bringing those designs/solutions from concept to production.
• Create and update our network standards and ensure that the network is deployed to these standards.
• Create and implement changes on the network.
• Automate workflow and execution of deployments on a global scale
• Work closely with our automation teams in transitioning and defining new tools that allow us to scale at unprecedented volume.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's Degree in a technology related field or equivalent experience
• 5+ years professional experience working in large scale networking environments.
• Knowledge and experience with internet routing protocols and concepts: TCP/IP, BGP, MPLS, ISIS and/or OSPF.
• Experience working in a Linux/Unix environment.
• Experience in automation via Bash/shell scripting and Perl/Python programming.
• Experience with one or more of the following protocols & technologies: DWDM, 802.2/3, 802.1d VLANs/STP, IPv4 & IPv6, TCP (internals & flow control), BGP, OSPF.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to multitask effectively
• Strong logical thinking skills, with the ability to adapt as new information becomes available
• Ability to operate efficiently under pressure
• Experience planning and automating the delivery of large quantities of peering and transit circuits
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.