Network Development Engineer
DESCRIPTION Amazon is the world's most customer centric company and is looking to hire Network Development Engineers to help design, deploy and automate one of the world's largest networks. We are expanding at a tremendous rate and our goal is to design, deploy and automate network delivery while maintaining the highest reliability for our customers. Our teams scale the existing network, design new topologies, deploy these topologies and also automate activities where possible.
The successful candidate possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, has a track record of successfully delivering complex projects with ambitious timelines, and possesses a strong background in Ethernet and IP networks.
• As a Network Development Engineer working within AWS Infrastructure you will be responsible for deploying network infrastructure across all of our network fabrics.
• Design, deploy and scale our network across multiple global datacenters.
• Create and implement changes on the live network.
• Create and automate deployment processes that increases quality and velocity.
• Work closely with our internal customers on designs/solutions; bringing those designs/solutions from concept to production.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • 5+ years professional experience working in large scale networking environments.
• Experience with one or more of the following routing protocols and concepts: TCP/IP, BGP, MPLS, ISIS and/or OSPF.
• Experience with network operating systems such as Cisco IOS and/ or Junos.
• Experience working in a Linux/Unix environment.
• Experience in automation via Bash/shell scripting and Perl/Python programming.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Knowledge of network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills; specifically, network performance analysis.
• Experience working with customers to diagnose a problem, and work toward resolution.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.