Network Development Engenieer
DESCRIPTION Amazon Web Service (AWS) seeks an exceptional Network Development Engineers (NDE) to join our Network Operations team, to help drive the stability and sustainability of our next-generation networks and to discover innovative ways to automate and scale our network as we expand.
As a Network Development Engineer in our Network Operations team you will be responsible for:
• High quality second and third tier network and network event management for Amazons worldwide network operations.
• Critical network operations support to AWS's internal and external customers to diagnose, remediate and trouble shoot large-scale networking events.
• Support and maintain our next generation data-center networks; Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes to mitigate complex issues.
• Monitor and manage communications during large-scale events utilizing an established Event Management process; collaborate with level two and level-three resolvers.
• Identify and troubleshoot recurring platform issues with a focus on removing manual actions from mitigation activities
• Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
• Identify and take ownership for opportunities to automate repeatable networking tasks through creation and maintenance of scripts and tools and enhancements of existing workflows
• Influence technology roadmaps, construct and test his/her solutions
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's Degree in Telecomunications,Computer Science or related technical discipline.
• Knowledge of and experience with major internet routing protocols; specifically BGP (confederations and complex route reflector topologies), OSPF.
• Scripting experience (Python or Shell) and experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
• Network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Experience with network automation
• Knowledge of IT best practice frameworks (ITIL, COBIT) and Operational Excellence concepts or methodologies
• Knowledge of Agile/SCRUM
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status