Some career choices have more impact than others.
We're looking for progressive minds who are driven and forward-thinking, who are open
to different ideas and cultures, who can connect
with customers and colleagues and who'll work with courageous integrity
As an HSBC employee in Australia, you'll have access to tailored professional development opportunities, competitive pay, an embedded flexible working culture and a range of employee benefits. These include market-leading subsidised private health cover, enhanced parental pay and support when returning to work, subsidised banking products and services and wellness programmes including discounted gym memberships.
Our ambition is to become Australia's #1 International Retail Bank, to focus on the internationalist customer and to build a progressive bank for the future. We are investing in long term growth including expanding our digital capability to deliver a premium service to our customers. We currently have several new opportunities in our Design, Digital and Delivery (D3) team based in Sydney where you will be driving the fast-past implementation of our Customer Strategy.
Working in the team you will be involved through the design thinking process; finding opportunities, ideating on how to improve, designing and testing prototypes, and then building and delivering transformational change for our customers and people. As a Native Developer your main responsibilities will include:
• Gather and analyse business requirements
• Develop new and modify existing functionality
• Perform 3rd level support (analysis, triage)
• Develop / update technical documentation and unit test scripts
• Participate in all phases of the SDLC
• Update project details and task statuses in JIRA
• Ensure both internal and external projects are delivered in a timely manner
• Actively work on reducing the number of reported software defects
• Participate in various test phases (unit testing, integration testing, user acceptance testing)
• Liaise with development coordinator, team leader, release coordinator, business analysts, project manager, testing, documentation, and support teams
• Liaise with customers and third parties when required
• Participate in and contribute to team meetings
• Present project and progress status to team leader, project coordinator and management
• Attend Change Advisory meetings when required Qualifications To be successful in this role, you will need:
• University / IT Qualification or at least 3 years' relevant industry experience
• Relevant experience in developing software for iOS and Android
• Experience in Mobile App development using React Native, Redux and React JS
• Experience in native App Development for IOS (Objective-C/Swift) and Android (Java)
• Experience in deploying Apps to App Store and Google Play Store
• Experience in data integration using REST, JSON, XML and SOAP
• Experience using a GIT/SVN repository
• Keen eye for UX and ability to build and adhere to UI/UX standards
• Experience in UI and Unit Testing for iOS and Android
• Experience in Collaborative Projects
• Proficient in the use of MS Office products (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• Proficient in written and spoken English
• Ability to translate complex technical information into software with a great User Experience
Candidates for this role will need to demonstrate they hold Australian or New Zealand PR/Citizenship or working rights given current international travel restrictions
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued and respected and where opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow in an inclusive environment. Applications from First Nations peoples are encourage.
Learn more about careers at HSBC Australia - https://www.hsbc.com/careers/where-we-hire/australia
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. Issued by HSBC Bank Australia Limited. Please note that HSBC will we never communicate to applicants via non HSBC channels such as SMS, WhatsApp or Facebook so please be careful if anyone attempts to contact you via these channels.