National Manager Wealth Distribution - Head Office Barangaroo
Some career choices have more impact than others.
We're looking for progressive minds who are driven and forward-thinking, who are open to different ideas and cultures, who can connect with customers and colleagues and who'll work with courageous integrity every day.
As an HSBC employee in Australia, you'll have access to tailored professional development opportunities, competitive pay, an embedded flexible working culture and a range of employee benefits. These include market-leading subsidised private health cover, enhanced parental pay and support when returning to work, subsidised banking products and services and wellness programmes including discounted gym memberships.
As a National Manager you will report to the Head of Distribution and will possess strong and demonstrated expertise building and leading a team of high performing professionals in the retail wealth space.
• Demonstrated deep understanding of local and offshore wealth and investment products, Australian wealth models, retail credit policies, complex residential and commercial lending structures and Private Banking operations.
• Strong understanding of regulatory guidelines.
• Lead the team of frontline staff that support our High Net Worth customers - Private Bank, complex facilities including residential and commercial lending, and wealth focused customers.
• Accountable for the overall performance of teams supporting national functions - Executive Relationship Managers, Private Banking BDMs, Commercial lending, Markets Desk and Investment Desk specialists.
• Support the implementation of transformational change to grow the wealth business whilst providing clear leadership for the team.
• Drive overall customer experience (Net Promoter Score performance)
• Champion and embrace change and innovation within the teams, understanding project management principles. Qualifications
• Relevant tertiary qualifications required. Recognized industry accreditations would be highly regarded.
• At least 10 years of relevant leadership experience in financial services, wealth management or retail banking environments, with at least 5 years demonstrated leadership in wealth, private banking or retail banking teams.
• Experience in wealth and investment products, retail banking products (especially complex lending and liabilities). An understanding of High Net Worth and Private Bank propositions is necessary.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Proven leadership skills alongside project management and customer service skills.
• Must be well organized, demonstrate initiative, and able to manage multiple projects.
• Ability to adapt to a dynamic and fast-paced environment with a passion for developing a culture of empowerment.
Candidates for this role will need to demonstrate they hold Australian or New Zealand PR/Citizenship or working rights given current international travel restrictions
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued and respected and where opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow in an inclusive environment. Applications from First Nations peoples are encourage.
Learn more about careers at HSBC Australia - https://www.hsbc.com/careers/where-we-hire/australia
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. Issued by HSBC Bank Australia Limited. Please note that HSBC will we never communicate to applicants via non HSBC channels such as SMS, WhatsApp or Facebook so please be careful if anyone attempts to contact you via these channels.