NDIS Specialist Coordinator - Indigenous - Flexible on location
Boosting the Local Care Workforce - Specialist Coordinator - Indigenous Are you a dynamic Indigenous leader with experience in the disability sector? Then this role is for you!
About the Opportunity
- This exciting role will see you influencing the roll out of the National Disability Insurance Scheme
- Be an integral part in driving Australia's largest social change reform in over 30 years
Assist Indigenous providers to thrive and grow under the NDIS
- By providing expertise in relation to disability market sector issues with a focus on Indigenous providers and specialist Indigenous services, you will be a key contributor in helping Australians with a disability receive necessary support to enjoy their life and achieve their goals
- Engage with key stakeholders to analyse risks and issues
- Competitive daily rate - $655.00 per day including super
The NDIS is a $22 billion opportunity to support 460,000 people to achieve their goals.
The Boosting the Local Care Workforce Program has been established to support providers to help disability and aged care service providers to realise those opportunities and establish an effective market for disability services nationally. The Program is being delivered by EY, the First Peoples Disability Network and the Community Services Industry Alliance.
The Program has engaged 25 Regional Coordinators and 8 Specialist Coordinators across Australia to support the implementation of the NDIS by helping disability and aged care serviced providers to operate effectively and expand their workforce.
Specialist Coordinators engaged on the Program are responsible for providing a national approach to disability sector market issues and aged care reform across 8 focus areas. The Indigenous Specialist Coordinator will focus on encouraging more Indigenous owned organisations to register as NDIS or aged care providers, and adding to the business skills of NDIS, health and aged care specialist Indigenous services. The role will also provide insights and analysis on key market issues and gaps to help inform policy approaches. This will be achieved by:
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following required experience:
- Engaging with key stakeholders to analyse risks and issues
- Recommending appropriate responses to identified areas of market underutilisation and unmet demand
- Working closely with Regional Coordinators to identify gaps and inform provider assistance
- Reporting on key issues affecting Indigenous organisations and providers including issues affecting Indigenous owned organisations and specialist Indigenous services
- Subject matter knowledge - Extensive knowledge and experience with Indigenous communities and the sector, and the ability to share subject matter expertise.
- Communication skills - candidates will require effective communication skills to liaise with local providers and state and territory program officials. Candidates will also require effective written communication skills to develop Program materials.
- Insight and analysis - candidates will be required to draw on data and insights gained from service providers on the ground to provide advice on market issues and gaps and to inform policy approaches.
- Knowledge - candidates will have a good working knowledge of the disability and aged care sectors; a good working knowledge about regional areas of employment; a working knowledge of NDIS and workforce issues that are relevant.
Background in the disability sector, or similar service delivery programs is a requirement for this role.
The successful applicant will be expected to engage in home-based working as part of their role and must hold a current Working With Children Check or equivalent state government Working With Vulnerable People Check. In addition to compulsory checks, the successful applicant must hold an Australian Driver's Licence.
Please note that successful applicants will not necessarily be employed by EY. Interested?
- Applicants must request a position description from email@example.com
- The position description sets out the required experience for this role and the application requirements
- Please make direct reference to NDIS Specialist Coordinator role within the request.
- Applications close on 26 July 2019.
- Indigenous applicants are encouraged to apply.