Model Development Technical Manager
Technical Manager Model Development Model Development and Monitoring Team
The Model Development team delivers models that are used to strengthen the lending decisions being made and the productivity of the credit risk assessment processes used for our customers. See yourself in the team:
The Model Development and Monitoring team supports the RBS Consumer Finance business units through the development, maintenance and monitoring of advanced predictive risk models including credit risk scorecards, fraud risk scorecards and profit contribution models.
These models represent a vital component of automated and manual risk assessments throughout the full lending lifecycle for consumer finance products managed by RBS.
The team looks to continually enhance our model development and management methodologies, data usage and delivery as key focus areas to maximise the quality, robustness and value provided Roles and Responsibilities:
This role contributes to the overall objectives of the group and business units it supports by ensuring that predictive models that are used to make lending decisions across RBS consumer finance are fit for purpose and providing detailed portfolio insights to guide the trade-off between risk and reward in making these lending decisions. More specifically:
We are interested in hearing from you...
- Driving value through timely delivery of industry leading machine learning & statistical models that solve defined business issues for multiple lending products and decision points and are fully compliant with all required documentation, policies and governance
- Managing model development projects through project planning, stakeholder management and guidance to model developers to ensure that the value that can be obtained from the models can be maximised as efficiently as possible
- Full project management responsibilities, occasionally expanding to people management by way of graduate rotations and dotted line reports for specific projects
- Leading to define requirements and scope of data analyses; presenting and reporting possible business insights to management using data visualisation technologies.
- Ensuring outlined methodologies are followed, whilst also promoting the identifying and driving the delivery and embedment of continuous improvement initiatives including but not limited to exploring, promoting, and implementing semantic data capabilities through Natural Language Processing, text analysis and machine learning techniques.
- Conducting research on data model optimisation and algorithms to improve effectiveness and accuracy on data analyses.
- Directing the data gathering, data mining, and data processing processes in huge volume; creating appropriate data models.
- Degree qualified or equivalent with strong academic performance in data science & machine learning, applied statistics, biostatistics, mathematics, econometrics or other analytical disciplines. Masters level or above desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in building predictive machine learning models & statistical models. Experience deploying models in live systems desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in extraction and manipulation of large data sets on distributed computing systems
- Strong technical skills including experience using some, or all, of Python, R, Github, Hadoop, Spark, SAS, SQL
- Demonstrated ability to select appropriate modelling algorithms and tools, considering key facets of the project in the decision
- Meticulous in work and concern for accuracy, completeness and appropriateness of solutions
- Ability to assess data for use and replace or revise where necessary
- Provide actionable insights and appropriate recommendations within a defined project
- Demonstrated ability to lead and successfully deliver projects utilising strong project management / organisation and prioritisation skills, including strong stakeholder management skills in order to understand key business objectives and to maximise the benefits within a project whilst ensuring timely delivery
- Ability to present in an audience aligned manner, using appropriate tools and visualisation such as MS Office and visualisation software
- A broad understanding of retail banking product offerings
- Understanding the role that risk models have within the Bank including their relationship to the risk / reward trade-off, performance measurement, provisioning, capital and pricing desirable
- Previous coaching/mentoring experience desirable
- You are analytical, strategic, and a forward thinking creative-problem solver, highly capable of working proactively within a team, leading by example, managing multiple projects simultaneously while navigating through ambiguity.
- You are passionate about customers and the opportunity to build trust and customer advocacy through data driven insights.
- You are enthusiastic, self-motivated and focused on continuous improvement.
- You look beyond the status quo to try new approaches and tools, lifting the overall capability of the team.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 23/05/2021