Microsoft .NET Core / Azure Technical Lead
IBM's Industry Consultants are essential to our clients as they work to reinvent themselves for the future. Join our highly visible and highly skilled team of global consultants as we strive to accelerate sales, deliver client engagements, and build IBM's market eminence. If you are a forward-thinker and a curious intellectual, we welcome you to apply for your next exciting career challenge!
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Be at the forefront of change
- Join a global company and make real impact
- Permanent opportunity in our Sydney Office
For more than one hundred years, IBM has been helping governments, businesses and other organisations leverage technology to drive and implement change and to promote and accelerate scientific discovery. Along the way, we and the world have weathered many storms. And each time IBM has emerged a stronger, more capable company.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. About the business unit and team
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
You will join our ANZ Build-on/Move-to Cloud team within IBM's Cloud Application Services unit. This is a key growing business area for IBM, delivering application development services in cloud transformation to our clients across Hybrid / Multicloud environments. We are responsible for delivering on application architecture, development, DevOps services for large enterprises in a Hybrid / Multicloud world - for some of the biggest and most complex integration programmes in the marketplace. You will perform a lead role working on challenging propositions and for demanding customers. You will need a passion for delivery excellence. About the role
On a day-to-day basis, you will solution and deliver complex cloud build and modernisation projects. You will oversee the quality of our biggest programmes and services, liaise with clients and provide expert consulting services. What will I be responsible for?
What skills and experience will I need?
- Drive solution design, create technical learning roadmap, mentor people, anchor delivery of critical projects and independently execute POC and FOAK projects
- Become a trusted advisor, with business development responsibilities, to our clients and help them connect their cloud and digital strategies to their business needs
- Defining scope for client engagements and developing the basis for estimate
- Articulating and formulating solutions for proposals and statements of work that align to the client needs.
- Lead technical resources across global locations
- Participate in envisioning future industry trends and strategic technology domain solutions
- Drive professional development of junior level IBM Build-on/Move-to Cloud team members
- This position may require significant domestic and global travel.
- Experience in working with geographically spread team and offshore.
- Extensive experience in the following:
- Design, development, and delivery of projects in the Microsoft environment
- Providing technical leadership/oversight to application development teams
- Developing estimates and solution designs
- Building relationships with client stakeholders in a minimum of 2 major industry segments
- Base Technical skills and Exposure
-.NET core architecture and development experience
- SAAS based product / platform architecture experience
- Microservices Architecture with DevOps, Infra as Code principles, Container based deployments
- API- first Design experience with Azure Cloud
- Good Domain Driven Design understanding and implementation
- Experience with technologies viz., .Net Core, Azure Devops (Docker and Kubernetes ecosystem) Azure cloud deployments, Redis, Elastic, KeyCloak, ReactJS, Nodejs
- Good understanding of the cross cutting architectural elements like Security(Authentication, Authorization, Distributed logging, tracing and Audit, Infra as Code, Database Design (SQL Server and MongoDB)
- Cloud Architect certification in Microsoft Azure Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
Agile-at-scale delivery models such as SAFe
Professional Scrum master certification
Implementing Red Hat OpenShift on Azure
Due to the nature of work, the successful applicant must have full working rights in Australia without sponsorship. Sign me up!
If you tick these boxes, and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM - click "Apply" today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise