Marketing Manager APAC
This role supports the APAC head of Global Marketing with the delivery of marcomms programs across the region, including managing a content marketing program for State Street's top clients in APAC. The role will also provide some campaign management assistance for major business and product marketing initiatives across the region, such as marketing for State Street's expansion in China.
The role is based in Sydney and will also provide some marketing support to the local Australian business. This includes acting as a marketing advisor to the local management team, monitoring the activities of the local PR agencies, and providing on-the-ground support and oversight at flagship events in Australia.
Global Marketing - Business & Product Marketing
Business & Product Marketing responsibilities
- Support the head of Marketing APAC to deliver a program of client content (insights and thought leadership) designed specifically for the APAC region, focused on topics relevant to APAC clients.
- Manage internal and agency editorial resources to deliver content marketing projects on time and within budget.
- Promote the inclusion of APAC-relevant topics in global client communications and thought leadership materials.
- As and when required, support the head of Global Marketing APAC with regional marketing initiatives to support key APAC business lines and priorities.
- Work closely with key business stakeholders in Australia and provide advice on marketing activity to meet local business needs.
- Engage global and regional channel heads and oversee delivery of marketing activity by those channels.
- Where marketing 'self-service' capabilities / tool are appropriate, provide advice and guidance to the local business on how to access and use these capabilities.
- Oversee and monitor the activity of the local PR agencies, including monitoring agency hours to ensure agreed service levels are met across business lines. Monitor for reputation threats and escalate these to the global PR team in Boston.
- Provide on-the-ground support at flagship client events in Australia (eg State Street Live Research Series). If required, provide on-site assistance at strategic sponsorship assets (eg Australian Institute of Superannuation Trustees conferences).
Experience, Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- 10+ years of experience in marketing and/or communications, with expertise in managing content marketing programs.
- Experience managing multi-channel marketing campaigns.
- Experience operating within large and complex organizations, and able to navigate matrix reporting structures.
- Experience managing marketing / PR agencies.
- Ability to work autonomously and take the initiative.
- Comfortable working remotely from the rest of the marketing team and connecting with colleagues 'virtually' rather than in-person.
- A proven track record managing projects on time and within budget
- A proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritising activities and managing stakeholder expectations.
- Articulate, self-confident and diplomatic, with experience advising and influencing senior executives.
- Self-motivated, results driven, solutions-orientated, and with a 'client-centric' mindset
- Experience in B2B or institutional marketing