Manager / Senior Manger
At CommBank, we never lose sight of the role we play in other people's financial wellbeing. Our focus is to help people and businesses move forward, to progress. To make the right financial decisions and achieve their dreams, targets and aspirations.
Risk Management is responsible for developing the risk frameworks to allow the Group to take conscious exposures to credit, market, operational, compliance and insurance risks within a Board-approved appetite. Risk Management ensures the Group has appropriate strategies and frameworks in place to assess, manage and report on credit, market, operational, compliance and insurance risks. Institutional Banking & Markets (IB&M) forms part of the Group Risk Management division, and specifically, it provides IB&M businesses with specialist risk services and advice
This role is primarily accountable for the delivery of strategic insights, ad hoc analysis and regular reports within IB&M Risk function. In addition, the role will also provide support in the various projects from Group and IBM. The role has the responsibility of providing leadership and guidance for the reporting team Responsibilities
Skills and Experience
- The primary focus of the role is to undertake Credit Risk analysis and reporting for stakeholders across Risk management and business unit, including:
- Extract and collate data for credit portfolio analysis and reporting, ensuring accuracy, consistency and fit for purpose;
- Identify and remediate data issues to improve data quality and report accuracy;
- Produce high-quality and insightful analysis/reports. Identify underlying drivers and provide explanation in a business understandable manner;
- Engage with business and risk senior stakeholders and present the analysis/insight in an impactful manner. Deliver value-adding insight to improve risk management and risk adjusted return;
- Continuous improvement of reports and analytics to become more streamlined, efficient and address stakeholders' requirements. Develop and maintain Tableau reports used by various stakeholders. Enhance report function to continuously improve the user experience;
- Address queries from stakeholders by undertaking ad hoc analysis, projects and tasks;
- Manage and maintain good relationship with stakeholders across Business and Risk;
- Provide leadership to the reporting team. Lead junior team members and provide guidance and assurance check of the work conducted. Develop the skill set of team members and maintain a diversified, inclusive and high performance culture;
- Act as SME and participate in forums and projects as needed.
- Analytical mindset. Able to investigate the root cause of problem and provide practical solutions. Able to leverage data and analytics to explain findings and get buy-in from business stakeholders
- Adequate technical skills in SAS and SQL to enable data extraction and analysis. Tableau experience preferable
- Hands on experience in producing reports, conducting analytics and providing commentaries.
- Good communication skills. Experience of presentation to senior stakeholders.
- Good understanding of credit risk management, Risk concepts/process. Knowledge of Business and product preferable.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver against tight deadlines.
- Leadership experience in managing and leading teams
- Strong attention to detail and focus on both internal and end-customer outcomes
Depending on skillset this can be either a Manager or Senior Manager position
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 09/05/2021