At Wells Fargo we have a new and exciting opportunity for a highly skilled and experienced Risk Analytics Professional to be based in Hong Kong, Singapore or Australia. The main function of the role will to be to provide support to the Head of Risk Oversight and the groups under the APAC Regional Risk framework, including: Credit, Market, Liquidity, Operational Risk, Compliance and Financial Crime Risk.
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 30 c
Market Job Description
About the Role
At Wells Fargo we have a new and exciting opportunity for a highly skilled and experienced Risk Analytics Professional to be based in Hong Kong, Singapore or Australia.
The main function of the role will to be to provide support to the Head of Risk Oversight and the groups under the APAC Regional Risk framework, including: Credit, Market, Liquidity, Operational Risk, Compliance and Financial Crime Risk.
A key focus of this position is coordinating Model Risk and broader Risk Analytics and Reporting across all key Risks Types (including Credit, Market, Liquidity, Counterparty risk) and broader Risk Initiatives across more than a dozen (12) markets in APAC with US based and Regional Risk and Business leaders
- Provide support to Head of Risk Oversight and other risk leaders in the area of Risk Analytics
- Regional Responsibilities for APAC – coordinating activities across all Lines of Business and Markets, focusing on (but not limited to) Financial Risk Management and Analytics
- Provide IRM input and oversight for Business Projects, including New Booking Model for HK/SG
- Providing a holistic perspective, technical oversight and support in areas such as Credit portfolio management, ALM risk, Model risk, IFRS9
- Driving and coordinating Regional Stress Testing across multiple risk stripes and LoBs
- Support responsibility for holistic review and aggregation of all risk information for use by the risk team and the formulation of risk reporting for internal and external stakeholders
- Conducting deep dives into specific areas of focus based on Risk and Regulatory priorities
- End to end Model Validation as required by local regulators
- Support direct engagement in Risk Analytics, Market Risk and Model Risk, as required by HKMA and local regulators across APAC
- Support regional stress testing activity
- Risk monitoring and reporting across all financial risk stripes
- Conduct ongoing reviews on risk methodology by liaising with relevant risk managers of each team by performing various analysis, including Credit Risk, ALM Risk, Market Risk, Liquidity Risk, Financial Crime Risk, Operational Risk
- Supports initiatives and Enterprise wide Projects for the Risk group, tracking of project deliverables and tasks with a high degree of understanding of highly complex processes and systems and their interdependencies, and regulatory and internal control requirements
- Consistently communicate the Risk vision and objectives to the Risk groups and provide direction and leadership as needed
Market Skills and Certifications
- Postgraduate Degree in a Quantitative discipline (Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics)
- Experience of more than 7 years in Risk Management across APAC, from a similar role
- Holistic Risk Management experience covering Credit, ALM, Market and Liquidity Risk Management across multiple areas within Wholesale Banking and Markets
- Deep and hands on understanding of Risk Analytics. Model Validation, Model Development and Quantitative technics
- Strong database skills, including working with advanced data sets, advanced database and statistical functions and methods; hands on experience using SAS, R, SQL, Big Data (Hadoop), Visualization tools (Tableau, Qlikview, Spotfire)
- Programming experience (preferably in Pyhton, JAVA/C++), Excel and VBA skills are a pre-requisite
- Validation of rating methodologies and credit risk models, such as PD, LGD or EAD
- Assess the theoretical assumptions of the models and identify model weaknesses
- Extensive use of sophisticated data analysis, including machine learning techniques to build benchmark models
- Clear and demonstrable familiarity key risk measures such as MVA, CVA, EPE, PFE.
- Excellent understanding of Stochastic Calculus applied to quantitative finance and numerical optimization technics
- Understanding of market risk measures (VaR, ES, PnL) and financial derivatives
- Experience in capital markets, asset management and/or lending businesses
- Creative and strategic thinking skills, including the ability to analyze business issues and identify key risks/mitigating controls, combined with a pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate effectively with both the line of business and technical Team Members
- Working knowledge of the US and APAC/International wholesale banking regulatory environment a distinct advantage
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.