Manager, Transaction Services
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- PwC Australia
- 20 Apr 19
Manager, Transaction Services
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
- Flexible work options - work smarter in a way that suits your lifestyle.
- Provide commercial leadership, partnering with prominent private businesses
- Collaborate with industry leaders and develop your career in a firm of opportunity
At PwC, we help Australian businesses, not-for-profits and governments create value and improve the way they work. From improving healthcare, to creating smarter cities and igniting Australia's start up industry, you'll build trust in society and solve important problems.
Our successful, market leading Transaction Services helps clients navigate through our ever changing commercial landscape through expert vendor/financial due diligence, and bid support/defence. This team make up part of the wider Deals team who collectively bring deep industry experience and international networks to help businesses succeed from deal concept to deal close.
As a valued Manager in the team, your impact will be made by your ability to act as a trusted advisor in the market and a point of reference and support for your peers.
Success does stem from a positive attitude, hard work and going the extra mile, but that's not all!
- Lead and provide coaching to engagement teams
- Drive meaningful client relationship and service delivery
- Provide financial due diligence and other transaction-related services to corporate firms and private equity fund clients.
- Engage with executive management at target companies and vendor assistance during sell side transactions.
- Advise clients on sale and purchase agreements including commercial and pricing negotiations
- Identifying key value drivers and driving financial analysis on buy and sell side due diligence engagements
- Develop and write due diligence reports
- Manage investigating accountant work on public offerings
- Target and foster relationships with prospective clients
- Conduct sector research and assisting with development of thought leadership
The brief is simple...
You have a solid background in transaction services with strengths across finical modelling and data analytics. You're commercially focused passionate about understanding business' and their unique value drivers. You thrive in a collaborative and innovative culture and want to join a firm that values problem solvers, the kind of people who reimagine the possible for their clients and key stakeholders.
Your colleagues can vouch that you:
- Act with integrity and show care for the people you work with
- Demonstrate an ability to develop lasting working relationships
- Have General knowledge of technical accounting areas such as GAAP & IFRS reporting and business combinations
- Have relevant tertiary qualification in Accounting/Commerce/Business or related qualification. CA qualification is required.
- Apply a big picture mind set, reimagining the possible to deliver commercial outcomes
What we offer
Working for Australia's largest professional services firm you'll join a creative and collaborative team that delivers meaningful outcomes for a wide range of clients and access a global network spanning 157 countries.
Our culture and benefits are the reason why we were recognised as Australia's number one workplace by LinkedIn. Our state of the art offices embrace the very best technology has to offer and each person has access to flexible work options. Our dress policy is flexible too - you choose what you wear based on the kind of work you do with your team and clients.
Fostering an inclusive culture and embracing differences is at the centre of everything we do. At PwC, you will be empowered to be yourself and work with people from different backgrounds and points of view to achieve things you never thought possible. Get involved in our employee-led diversity networks (cultural, disability, LGBTI or gender equality) and benefit from our best-in-class policies such as 18 weeks maternity/paternity leave, flexible work and gender equity.
Up for a challenge?
We are committed to helping our people unleash their passion and potential. Hard work does not go unrewarded and industry best coaching, mentoring, training and development are ready and waiting. If you have a genuine desire to make a difference and want to surround yourself with like-minded, talented and driven individuals who strive to do the same, apply now .
PwC is committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. Our Reconciliation Action Plan sets out our commitment to increase Indigenous employment. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians.
Lauren Keogh is the Recruitment Manager for the role. As the team experience high volumes of applications, we appreciate your patience to allow for a timely and fair process for all.
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date