Manager, Network Engineering
The AWS Networking organization is hiring, and we're looking for talented Network Development Mangers (NDM) to join our team. Within Networking, we're confronting and solving complex and high-stakes challenges. Our teams support all aspects of connectivity within and between Amazon's data centers and services. As a leader of one of our network engineering teams, you will play a part in designing and architecting and operating networks that simply cannot fail, must scale infinitely, and can never constrain growth or innovation. If working on the networks that support the world's largest cloud provider and Earth's most customer-centric company interests you, please read on!
For this role, we are seeking a Network Development Manager to work in our Data Center Network Engineering organization. This team is responsible for designing and operating all of Amazon's massive scale data center networks. Our data center networks provide high bandwidth and low latency solutions for aggregating server racks. Managers in this organization own supporting the hardware platforms, defining the physical topologies, routing architectures and software control systems for these networks.
As a Network Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of experienced engineers and have ultimate responsibility for end-to-end delivery of key networking products and services; including new feature design, testing, deployment as well as overall responsibility for operational, capacity management, implementation, automation, standards, process management and change control. At Amazon, we ask our managers to be strong technical leaders who can dive deep and ensure the right outcomes are delivered for our customers. You will work closely with your customers and business partners to align a technical roadmap that ensures those outcomes are achieved. We also obsess over operational excellence and expect managers to demonstrate strong judgement.
These are exciting times in our space - we are growing fast, but still at an early stage and working on ambitious new initiatives where a manager at any level makes day-to-day and strategic decisions that carry a huge amount of responsibility and significant technical and business impact. If you're up the challenge, we'd love to hear from you! BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or relevant degree/experience
• Minimum of 5+ years experience in technology roles and 3+ years in a Network or Systems Engineering management role
• Past experience with network operations either as a manager or individual contributor
• 3+ Years Experience in building and managing a team of strong technical people
• Past experience running teams of 8+ PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• 8+ years in a technology role and 5+ years in a management role
• Experience contributing to the creation and implementation of high quality, high volume recruiting plans
• Experience presenting root cause analysis and error correction from operational events to senior management
• Past experience running operational organizations
• Working knowledge and experience of developing operational metrics
• Experience representing your team/technical area to senior management
• In-depth knowledge of Networking
• Experience in the definition and implementation of automation opportunities within an operations environment
• Experience in agile management methodologies
• Experience with lean methodologies and Six-Sigma or similar qualification
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.