Manager, APAC Network Deployment
Today, Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. The AWS Cloud infrastructure is built around Regions and Availability Zones (AZs). AWS Regions provide multiple, physically separated and isolated Availability Zones which are connected with low latency, high throughput, and highly redundant networking. These Availability Zones offer AWS customers an easier and more effective way to design and operate applications and databases, making them more highly available, fault tolerant, and scalable than traditional single data center infrastructures or multi-data center infrastructures. How would you like to come be part of the team that builds out that low latency, high throughput, and highly redundant network?
Amazon Web Services is looking for a highly motivated Manager to lead a highly skilled team that delivers one of the world's largest and most complex fiber optic networks. This opportunity sits within our AZ Connectivity organization to lead the APAC Network Deployment team. We develop new and innovative ways to scale and expand our network, while delivering operational excellence to our stakeholders. You will have strong ownership of our network implementation strategy and the maintenance of relationships with strategic suppliers to expand and grow Amazon's AWS footprint across APAC. You will have a history of expanding networks for multiple layers of telecommunications networks, covering outside plant physical construction, fiber delivery and network operations.
You will work closely with an active team of industry experts to identify and define optimal solutions to Amazon's ongoing needs to connect its data centers. By applying a unique blend of business and technology experience, you will work closely with both outside parties and internal teams to find creative, cost effective, and often innovative solutions to meet Amazon's ongoing growth and expansion needs worldwide. The ideal candidate will be excited about the incredible opportunity cloud computing represents and will be passionate about building great teams that deliver high quality services. You will be customer centric and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment that requires strong technical and business judgment and great communication skills.
You will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to knock down roadblocks for your deployment team. You will also have a demonstrated ability to program manage large civil and fiber optic deployment projects.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Serve as a key member of the AZ Connectivity team helping to drive overall Network Infrastructure Deployment.
• Provide end to end project and program reporting to senior leadership.
• Manage a regional team within APAC to ensure delivery targets are met.
• Understand the metro fiber market segments, customer base, and industry verticals.
• Understand the health and safety requirements and ensure compliance is met within their markets.
• Identify suppliers and develop technical and commercial solutions that solve for metro services including OSP design and construction, leased dark fiber and IRUs.
• Work closely with finance partners, collaborating on budget creation, business case development, deal analysis, and supplier invoicing.
• Work closely with internal customers to understand product roadmaps and devise programs to meet capacity requirements.
• Anticipate bottlenecks, manage risk and escalations, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
• Role will require 25-50% Travel Basic Qualifications
• BS in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Telecommunications or equivalent.
• 5+ years industry experience in a data center environment Experience in an engineering, operations or a construction management role.
• Experience in Outside Plant Networks and Deployment Strategies.
• Experience of global fiber optic networks, metro fiber market segments and the interconnection of these networks.
• Experience building and managing teams with an emphasis on scaling them to meet the demands of a rapidly growing business. Preferred Qualifications
• Experience working at a large network operator, OTT or Internet Service Provider.
• MBA or Advanced degree in relevant technical disciplines.
• Project Management Certification (PMI).
• Ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly and understand how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong, talented and passionate team.
• Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position.
• Experience working across international markets.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.