Manager/Senior Manager, Operational Transaction Services (Financial Services), Transaction Advisory Services - Sydney
- Be part of a high-performing, supportive culture
- Lead a diverse, highly motivated and collaborative team
- Work with a team of collaborators, innovators and the brightest minds in the industry
https://www.ey.com/au/shape-the-world The opportunity
We are looking for a Senior Manager / Manager within the Operational Transaction Services team - Financial Services in our Sydney office. This role is offered on a flexible full time basis.
Your key responsibilities
Skills and attributes for success
- Lead client engagement teams to execute acquisitions and/or divestments.
- Demonstrate knowledge of all phases and aspects of practice across due diligence, integrations carve-outs, and other types of transaction engagements.
- Demonstrate strong transaction and operational knowledge in Financial Services.
- Provide engagement team leadership in fostering an open and inclusive environment and effectively lead and motivate teams with diverse skills and backgrounds.
- Demonstrate an ability to not only identify integration risks and issues, but recommend resolutions and mitigating actions.
- Deliver a high degree of client satisfaction with the engagement process and work products sufficient to drive additional and repeated engagements.
- Successfully supervise, coach, and mentor all team members to help build their technical capability and assist in achieving their potential.
Ideally, you'll also have
- Strong track record in management consulting preferably with an exposure to the transactions environment and preferably in the Financial Services sector
- Experience and strong technical skills in relevant areas such as operational due diligence, synergy identification & assessment, post-merger integration or carve-out support and benefits realisation
- Proven client management skills, with the ability to build and develop networks and relationships with both external and internal contacts
Who are Transaction Advisory Services?
- A bachelor's degree and approximately 7 years of related work experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Curiosity and creative thinking
- Ability to perform detailed research, synthesising and analysing a large set of qualitative and quantitative data
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with experience in delivering high-quality reports and presentations
- Adept at building strong working relationships with internal stakeholders and senior clients, including influence, advice and support to key decision makers
- Strong project management and team leadership skills, particularly teams with diverse skills and backgrounds, coupled with the ability to manage and develop juniors
- Proficient at Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
EY's Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) division offers strategic corporate clients and private equity client's professional transaction advice and services, from the strategic analysis phase of the transaction lifecycle, through to execution, and transaction integration. The goal is to help EY clients achieve their best capital performance, deliver value to their stakeholders and meet their strategic corporate objectives. Learn more about TAS here .
What working at EY offers
Our Total Rewards package includes:
Who we are
- formal or informal flexible working options e.g. remote working, flexible start and finish times
- career and learning development e.g. EY badges , career mentoring
- an extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings e.g. parental leave and support, health checks
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer offering a vast range of internal networks including Ability EY, our disability network, Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network enabling us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 1800 017 666.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now!
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
© 2019 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.