Macroeconomic & Financials Analyst
- Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Salary: Excellent
- Job Type: Full time
Established global equities focused fund manager, seeking a Macroeconomic & Financials Analyst to join the team, Sydney base.
- Global equities
- Macroeconomic research
- Coverage of stocks within the global financials sector
My client is an established global equities focused fund manager with a market leading reputation for fund performance and also growing their talent organically. The investment team has multiple sector teams including financials (banks, insurers and diversified financials). The individual this fund manager seeks to hire will assist with macroeconomic research and also assist covering stocks within the financials sector.
Working for the Head of Macro Research and within the financials team your responsibilities will include:
- Answering key macro-economic questions relevant to the funds, drawing on relevant insights from economics, finance and geopolitics; Undertake rigorous and detailed research on medium to long term trends that may impact the funds.
- Encouraged to debate macroeconomic views with the Head of Macro Research.
- Covering global stocks within the sectors as named above. Initially for a small number of stocks, which will build over time. The analysis will include; analysing business structures, financials and business strategies to form a view on valuation and to create investment cases to present within the investment team; Communication with potential investee businesses; Market/Industry analysis.
Appropriate candidates will have approximately 2-5 years of total experience likely within a discipline within the economics related field. We require a strong demonstrable interest in investing. We also require a minimum of a distinction average in an economics major at university and a minimum of 98 UAI/ATAR/IB equivalent.
To be considered for this role, you must have full working rights in Australia.
For further information, please contact: Mischa Bennett (02) 9235 9430 / firstname.lastname@example.org