Loan Loss Provisioning Manager
- You are passionate about driving results and delivering customer satisfaction
- You will be part of an innovative and people-focused culture
- Together we can deliver an exemplary experience for our stakeholders and the Group
This is a 12 Months fixed term opportunity Do work that matters
Reporting into the Senior Manager Provisioning of IB&M Risk Management, you will be responsible for the review, analysis, monitoring, reporting and messaging of loan loss provisioning, bad debt and asset quality consistent with the requirements established by Group Risk Management. You will also work with IB&M business & risk teams to review and agree on adjustments and supporting rationales for risk concentration of concerns. See yourself in our team
Institutional Banking & Markets (IB&M) Risk Analytics & Reporting is part of IB&M Risk COO team. The team is specialised in the provision of accurate and insightful analytics, reporting and regulatory returns to a wide range of stakeholders across both Risk and Business. The team takes pride in delivering value adding insight and optimise the risk adjusted return for business. On a day to day basis, you will:
We're interested in hearing from people who have:
- Loan Impairment Expense (LIE) - supporting the delivery of reporting the LIE for the Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M) business.
- Analysis of the LIE result, using SAS and SQL skills, to understand and clearly communicate underlying changes in credit quality and exposures.
- Reporting - review, agree and communicate accurate LIE reporting for IB&M. This will involve review of the Loan Loss Provisioning Committee pack and on occasion presenting the result to the business Leadership Team and Loan Loss Provisioning Committee.
- Peer analysis - analyse the provisioning result for IB&M relative to domestic and international peers. Ability to draw out insightful information to inform and support COO team leadership.
- Provisioning adjustment - coordinating with risk and business stakeholders to identify emerging credit risk concentrations, document adjustment rationales and quantify the impact of adjustments.
- Lead a direct report, while providing support and coaching to the wider provisioning team, to meet performance expectations.
- Team work and Leadership skills focus with excellence in driving results and delivering customer satisfaction
- Good commercial and business acumen and understanding of risk concepts and processes and experience working in a financial services environment or a similar multifaceted organisation Be able to explain and interpret their impact on provisioning
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and Experience in SAS and SQL & AASB 9 would be highly regarded
- Tertiary qualification in an accounting, finance, engineering, mathematic or economics related discipline would be highly regarded.
If this sounds like the role for you then we would love to hear from you. Apply today!
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 03/08/2021