Linux Systems Administrator
Due to continued expansion we are looking for Linux Systems Engineer to join the Infrastructure Services team in Sydney. This is a varied role that will leverage your in depth knowledge of Linux and associated hardware, in order to maintain and optimise our in house systems.
Once in the role you will work with a wide range of technologies in addition to Linux, for example networking, storage, and middleware platforms. This role requires some after hours and on call work. As a Linux Engineer at SIG, you will be involved in:
What we're looking for
- Monitoring and supporting the Linux estate on a day-to-day basis such as commissioning / decommissioning systems, responding to user requests and enhancing our monitoring systems (Nagios)
- The continuous improvement of our environment such as optimising and extending our configuration management and build infrastructure (Puppet / Ansible)
- Gaining in-depth knowledge and hands on experience of hardware and software configuration applicable to the trading space (NICs, kernel tuning)
- Opportunity to support and administer our storage and backup infrastructure (SAN, NAS, DAS)
- Major projects in the region such as rolling out new trading platforms and deploying new solutions as required by the business.
What we can offer you:
- 4-7 years' experience in Linux administration
- Some experience in programing or scripting
- Automation experience an advantage
- Experience in troubleshooting complex issues quickly and efficiently
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Outstanding working environment in Sydney's Barangaroo office precinct
- Free breakfast, catered lunch and snacks daily
- On-site Gym
- Free Members tickets at SCG and Allianz stadiums
We don't post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you may see listed was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.