Legal Knowledge Engineer
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities. KPMG's Deals, Tax & Legal (DTL)
practice assists Australia's best-known businesses in the complex challenges they face. As a member of the Legal Operations Transformation Services (LOTS)
team you will be a key source of knowledge in tackling our clients' data-based problems to discover value and drive corporate initiatives. About the role
As a Legal Knowledge Engineer you will work with the broader LOTS
team to analyse client requirements, implement third party systems, and utilise low-code platforms to develop bespoke client tools. These solutions will enable our customers to work better and more efficiently. The role will allow you to develop knowledge of legal processes across a wide range of legal sectors, as well as the role technology can play.
- Capture legal requirements from internal and external customers using Jobs to be Done, User Stories, and business process mapping techniques.
- Analyse requirements to identify opportunities for repeatable or bespoke legal processes to bring added value to customer activities.
- Configure No Code and Low Code solutions to meet client requirements for rapid deployment and meet engagement demands.
- Often Questionnaire/Form based apps, including complex calculations, document generation, and workflow automation.
- Assuming ownership of various projects and initiatives as assigned by the Manager. Developing project plans and ensuring these are delivered on time.
- Fostering collaboration and knowledge sharing within the team and other parts of the business.
- Staying informed about the latest technological innovations; as part of this you will have the opportunity to develop your "hands-on" process mapping skills, a key function in this rapidly changing market
We are open to candidates of all skill levels and experience. You will likely have qualifications in programming-based degrees such as Computer Science or Software Engineering.
While consulting, software implementation, and low-code/ front end development are core to the role, the successful applicant will aspire to develop a strong business acumen, and progress to broader business, management, and consulting positions.
The successful candidate will
- Be a critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Have previous experience working in front end web-development, and with low-code software platforms.
- Have an ability to interpret findings and identify key insights to communicate to a non-technical audience.
- Have demonstrated experience building relationships with internal and/or external clients
- Be passionate about delivering high quality work
The KPMG Difference
- Understanding of Law, or Legal background
- Experience in Legal Technology.
- Building modular re-usable components & component libraries
- Experienced in the consuming RESTful APIs
Our people are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics our people possess and we share and learn from each other.
We are proud to be consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and for our achievements in LGBT+ workplace inclusion.
Our commitment to flexibility allows our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal or family life. Explore the links below to hear our people share their experience @KPMG:
Flexibility empowers wellbeing
Flexibility enables contribution to the community
Flexibility inspires technology & innovation
Flexibility supports family
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary! Advertised:
22 Jan 2021 AUS Eastern Daylight Time Applications close:
Back to search results Apply now