Learning Solutions Sales
Job Description The Role / Responsibilities:
Learning Solutions is a division of Moody's Analytics. Providing high quality professional training in credit risk analysis, capital markets and professional development around the world through various channels including public seminars, in-house seminars, and e-learning. The position would involve /growing managing our existing Learning Solutions relationships and establishing new relationships in various countries within the Asia region.
- Generating new business sales revenue from learning solution sales. Regular contact with clients to discuss risk management, financial markets and Learning and Development
- Developing and executing a focused sales plan to identify prospects of Moody's learning solutions.
- Leveraging existing client relationships while establishing new relationships. This will involve senior client face-to-face consultative selling.
- Managing the full sales process from lead to contract, with active reporting of the pipeline and forecasts to management.
- Developing a deep, practical understanding of Moody's Analytics Learning Solutions capabilities and affiliated product sets. This will involve organising and attending senior levle client meetings, obtaining and detailing requirements, assessment of client needs.
- Preparing and delivering quality presentations, facilitating client discussions around tailored training requirements and representing the organisation's strategic value add to clients.
- Determining the needs of the client in each single sales opportunity by asking probing questions, understanding specific issues facing the client. Use knowledge of industry practices and insight to link client needs and challenges to the appropriate Moody's solution.
- Working in conjunction with Moody's Analytics team of relationship mangers, sales people and new business officers to introduce and sell new training products to Moody's clients.
- Managing sales cycles using coordination and communication skills to involve other Moody's sales and product specialists where appropriate.
- Introducing leads to other business units within Moody's Analytics where appropriate.
- Meeting/exceeding demanding sales targets (including recurring, one time and new revenue) through combination of:
o Retaining existing relationships
o Identifying and selling to new clients
o Selling additional services to existing clients
o Maintaining significant meeting activity
o Leading, advancing, and negotiating sales to closing
- A degree/MBA (or equivalent), preferably in an economics, finance, math/statistics/accounting discipline would be desirable
- Experience of selling training solutions to large financial institutions.
- Strong knowledge of the capital, credit markets, financial products and markets, which would include credit risk practices and financial institution practices relating to credit risk management.
- Must be able to demonstrate existing networks with senior executives, particularly, Chief Risk Officer / Chief Credit Officers, and learning & development professionals from commercial banks, insurance companies and other financial firms.
- Excellent presentation and oral communication skills and comfortable speaking in front of large groups.
- Willingness to travel approximately 60% of the time. The role requires visiting many prospects and clients throughout the ANZ region. Ability to work in a consultative, needs/solutions approach.
- Ability to work pro-actively, multi task and work to tight deadlines in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Ability to demonstrate and grasp the factors driving our clients' businesses, so that appropriate advice and guidance can be given with regards to achieving their learning and development goals.
- Excellent time management/organisational skills. Able to multi task and adhere to short deadlines.
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to diagnose issues and develop solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels, with both internal and external parties.
- Ability to work autonomously with limited supervision, yet integrate appropriately with the team and other areas within Moody's.
- Familiar with modern computer applications (MS Office, Internet)
- Attaining and maintaining a high level of product knowledge.
- Experience of working with credit risk measurement and management solutions, preferably gained through (e.g., credit origination, credit risk analysis and modelling, credit portfolio management, and managing banking projects) would be desirable
- Fluent in English, both written and oral.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.