Lead Solution Engineer - Tableau
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts. Job Category
Sales Job Details About Tableau, a Salesforce company
Tableau helps people see and understand data. Our analytics platform fuels exploration, allowing you to quickly answer questions with data and share insights across your organization. Global enterprises, early-stage startups, nonprofits, and governments all use Tableau's intuitive software to quickly transform their data into actionable insights. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world! What you'll be doing...
The Lead Solution Engineer has a specialized focus on and skills with deep technical proof points, including business intelligence, complex data sources and ETL. This Lead Solution Engineer is the key technical point of contact for all enterprise deals at Tableau specializing in deals involving complex data. The Lead Solution Engineer participates in data acquisition and transformation delivery and may provide oversight and technical checkpoints to enforce standards and quality of BI solutions. Researches new technologies, tools and methodologies as they emerge that may be applicable. The solutions consultant provides sales consulting presales support contributing towards the successful conversion of prospects to customers and engages customers to nurture repeat purchases. Some of the things you'll be doing include ...
Who you are ...
- Work with prospect's data to deliver world-class product demonstrations
- Provide strategic presales support for sales activities including needs analysis, data review, product demonstrations, and other general sales support
- Become an expert in the features, benefits and application of Tableau's products
- Drive all aspects of successful Proof of Concepts from requirements and design to training and delivery
- Communicate via phone, email, face-to-face and web meetings with prospects assisting and guiding them through the evaluation and selection process
- Support partners by conducting joint end user meetings, technical proofs, seminars, education, presentations, and demonstrations.
- Communicate daily with sales staff regarding sales activities and strategies
- Educate and train the sales force in the features and use of Tableau and ETL products
- Provide proactive support to customers and prospects
- Be the customer advocate and liaison for product management and development
- Support all strategic deals involving complex data and/or data sources
- Provide ETL support and skills on strategic proof of concepts
- Backup the technical support staff as needed
- Technically Savvy. You don't shy away from opportunities to get into technology - and you can learn it quickly.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. You love the idea of sharing the Tableau story.
- Problem Solver. You love tackling the most difficult of challenges and know how to get to the best solution.
- Experienced. 5 or more years' experience in a Sales Engineer/ Sales Consulting role.
- Domain. Experience with SQL or MDX (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, Analysis Services, Essbase, Netezza, etc.) Experience with ETL tools (Informatica, Data Integrator, Data Transformation Services, etc.) a strong plus
- Detail oriented. Nothing gets overlooked when it comes to you
- A True Team Player. You're the best at what you do and you know how to work with your colleagues to get their best.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Tableau will operate independently under the Tableau brand, driving forward a continued focus on our mission, our customers and our Tableau Community. The acquisition closed on August 1, 2019, and Tableau is a wholly-owned subsidiary of salesforce.com, inc.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form. Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.