Applying specialized technical expertise and developing industry experience, leads and contributes to assigned fund accounting, reporting and/or oversight activities, for Australia-based T. Rowe Price products; supports assigned product services. Resolves technical accounting and reporting issues for the products; performs high-level evaluation of new/emerging guidance and product developments and recommends policy response; provides advanced technical advice and interpretation of accounting policy; leverages internal network and service provider relationships to ensure integrated and high-quality responses to highly complex new requirements and stakeholder needs.
A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job.
If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us.
Responsible for staying current, researching, applying and maintaining a deep understanding of accounting and reporting guidance, company policies, regulatory and contractual requirements, and drivers that impact their assigned areas for the sponsored products. Responsible for coordinating with regional and functional management as part of a global organization in a matrixed reporting structure.
Oversight for Accounting Processes and Information
- Provides oversight of highly complex financial transactions or general accounting functions or complex regulatory reporting for Australia-based T. Rowe Price products. Resolves complex issues as they arise.
- Assists in developing proper oversight and monitoring results for 3rd party accounting vendors.
- Acts as a lead on behalf of Fund Administration regarding technical accounting projects impacting the Australia-based T. Rowe Price products.
- Responsible for reviewing financial statements of Australia-based products.
- Owns relationship with local external auditors, providing a point of escalation to resolve issues.
- Owns NAV error resolution, including working with internal and external teams to determine cause and appropriate recommendations for process improvement.
Technical Research & Consultation
- Performs technical accounting research, as necessary, to ensure practices / conclusions / positions comply with applicable authoritative accounting, legal, regulatory requirements; confirms conclusions internally and with external auditors and legal as appropriate.
- Serves as consultant to operating groups by providing subject matter expertise during implementation of new and/or changed accounting and reporting requirements.
- Serves as a subject matter expert to groups outside of Fund Administration, such as legal, product, investment staff, etc.
- Leads or participate in special projects and recommend improved policies and procedures.
- Liaises with product teams to understand new products or changes to existing products and how that might have downstream impact to accounting related functions. Consults with various functions to ensure readiness.
- Provides support to boards and product governance committees, such as valuation, liquidity, disclosure, and service agreements.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in accounting or related field and related work experience in the asset management or mutual fund industry.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting principles, practices and regulatory issues and their application to a wide variety of areas.
- Ability to take ownership of a task or process, and see it through from inception to completion.
- Excellent analysis and analytical skills.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, and an ability to appropriately prioritize.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to apply strict attention to detail.
- Works well independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead less experienced team members.
- Accounting experience with strong technical financial services background in investments, insurance or banking sectors, as well as familiarity with associated accounting and reporting requirements.
- Australia Unit Trust accounting, reporting, and tax experience.
- Public accounting experience with a Big 4 firm.
- Experience working at a global asset manager.
- Certified Practising Accountant.
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.