Lead Infrastructure Engineer
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Oct 18
Our client is one of Australia's leading proprietary trading firms competing on the global stage across multiple exchanges. Their industry leading in-house technology is what seperates them from the competition. We are looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to help rebuild and drive their ITO DevOps stack which supports their day to day trading operations.
Hands on technical leadership, team lead and mentoring for a small team of highly technical systems and network engineers
Manage and contribute to support of our clients trading platforms during the 12 hour Sydney trading window.
Change/Incident/Problem management of trading applications
The design, testing, and implementation of automated processes to improve the deployment, monitoring and operation of trading systems
Specification and evaluation of new hardware platforms for trading desks
Technical troubleshooting and problem diagnosis
Ownership of technical problems until final resolution
Effective communication of scheduled maintenance activities and unexpected outages.
- BSc degree in any engineering discipline
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role, financial sector is a distinct advantage
- Experience with DevOps tooling: containers, automation, monitoring tools etc.
- Advanced Linux operating systems skills required
- Expertise in network troubleshooting. TCP, Multicast, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Experience with programming for automation (Linux shell script and Python preferred)
- Experience operating systems in AWS or other cloud platforms
While a resume is preferable we also welcome tentative inquiries from well-qualified persons. Utmost confidentiality and discretion are assured. If interested, please email Lucas.email@example.com or call at +61 438 926 869