Our Financial Services tier one client is currently seeking to hire a Lawyer to join their team in Sydney
You will be required to:
- participate in risk-based surveillance and other regulatory projects to protect investors and ensure compliance with the law
- under direction, assess and resolve complex matters such as applications for relief from provisions of the Corporations Act, assessing breach reports, processing scheme registrations, assessing scheme investor disclosure, while considering the investor, commercial and regulatory implications in decisions
- assist in the drafting and settlement of legislative instruments, stop orders and legal notices to provide information or documents team
- assist in developing, reviewing, and applying policy related to the legislation administered by the Investment Managers team
- contribute to the preparation of consultation papers, research reports, regulatory guides and policy submissions
- under direction conduct research and analysis on prevailing or emerging issues in the industry including on legal aspects of these issues
- develop relationships and liaise with internal and external stakeholders, andmaintain knowledge of regulatory framework and toolkit, relevant legislative and reporting requirements and local and international regulatory developments.
As a valued member of the team, you will also:
- undertake additional responsibilities or tasks as required
- work professionally, positively and cooperatively, and model the values of Accountability, Professionalism and Teamwork
- undertake reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of others in the workplace that may be affected by your actions.
Qualifications and experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Law with experience gained in a commercial law firm, professional services or regulatory environment.
- A working knowledge of the financial services legislation and policy.
- Experience researching, interpreting and applying legislation and policy.
- Experience in legal drafting.
- Experience assessing, challenging and verifying complex information, and making sound legal judgements.
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to manage a variety of, and competing, tasks to deadlines.
- Experience presenting information to different audiences through strong business writing and verbal communication skills.