L&C APAC - Vice President
- Not Specified
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Sydney New South Wales AU
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Apr 18 2018-04-18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
- To support BlackRock’s Australian business through the provision of high quality and commercially focused legal services.
- To manage the Company Secretariat function for BlackRock.
- To ensure that BlackRock continues to be regarded by regulators and peers as a company with high compliance standards and strong legal acumen.
- Manage the Company Secretariat function for BlackRock including coordinating and preparing minutes for monthly board meetings.
- Provide high level, complex general and specific legal advice to the business in relation to our funds management business. This will include coverage of both retail and institutional areas in trading, product development and administration, marketing and general corporate.
- Advice on Product Issues (including significant involvement in the product development process, fund registration, disclosure documentation and marketing).
- Contractual drafting, negotiations and administration (including IMAs and vendor/service Contracts).
Experience, Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Qualification in Law. Admitted to practice in an Australian jurisdiction or equivalent regulatory regime
- Prior experience (equivalent to 8 or more years) as a legal practitioner in the financial services industry (whether in private practice or in an in-house role).
- A thorough knowledge of the law as it affects the managed funds industry as well as the general corporate laws and regulatory requirements (including specifically familiarity with Corporations Act (Chapter 5C & 7 in particular).
- Awareness of developments in the funds management industry that have the potential to impact on the business.
- Some experience in the negotiation of ISDAs and Futures Agreements desirable but not essential.
- Company secretary experience desirable but not essential provided candidate is able to demonstrate experience relevant to the area of work and minute taking.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.